• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tipping the Flight Crews, YES or NO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why the hell would they tip us? They all think we make $200,000 a year...:rolleyes:

Never gonna happen...

Yes i agree, i think they are intimidated to tip us because we don't have a van driver uniform on. but i will take a $2 tip anyday. even $1 would be good.

Airplane not on time, NO TIP
Bumpy flight, NO TIP
No full can of Coke, NO TIP
Gate checks not in jetway, NO TIP
Waiting at gate for marshallers, NO TIP
Waiting for jetway driver, NO TIP

It never amazes me on some of the threads that are created on this board.........Grow up guys
Service charges are the natural progression of companies that can't properly manage their fare structure.

(as we exit the runway) Ladies & gentleman, thank you for flying with us and it's been our pleasure serving you today! Some of you may not be aware of this, but I am a little short on my car payment this month, so we are going to sit here while the FA passes around the collection plate. I also accept lap-dances.

We aren't moving until we reach $525 in donations. Thank you, this is your captain.

I tipped the Doctor who also drives the hotel van, and is part owner of the La Quinta in MGM (no joke, most educated van driver you'll ever see). He gladly accepted our tips.

Did not see hime acting like 2 bucks was beneath him!

erj-145 Mech. Why don't you stick to your private flying or go fix a bulb or something and get of this board. Flying a Skymaster painted in military colors doesn't make you a military pilot.

expecting tips?? god you guys really gotta quit aviation go buy a gun and blow your brains out. Cause guess what?? nobody will miss you or even care. Also reserve crew will just take your spot so there is no reason to tell anyone before it happens.

zman, another wannabee! You and your POS Skymaster.
D(0)RK

Last edited:
i dont think pilots should get tips but i absolutely think galley ho's should.
the fu(king service from stews now is reprehensible. they need some motivation for better service. every once and a while i use an upgrade on airways and its like one or two drinks on a 2 hour flight and the rest of the time they're hiding out in the galley bitching about how bad their lives suck.
if they're looking for good tips they're gonna bust their old crusty humps. if tips are allowed flight attendant service will be 100 times better than it is now and it will attract a better group of flight attendants i.e. hot girls get bigger tips. bigger tips = hotter girls = increased chance of a illicit acts with said hotter girls = happier pilots = less masturbatory activities = less chafing = less money spent of lubricants and tissues.

Latest resources

Back