• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Timmy the terrorist latest fabrication

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It isn't the pilots choice that management has chosen 30% less revenue potential. Our airplanes have the same max TO weight as FL's. Most of the flights I have flown in the past 18 months have been between 110k and 117k. Show me a 50 or 70 or even 90 pax jet routinely loaded to that weight. Doesn't happen because they can't. Even the new Erj's can't get to that weight. As soon as we agree to lower pay rates based on 99 seats, they will then put 117 in and then we are stuck being woefully underpaid.

It isn't the pilots choice that management has chosen 30% less revenue potential. Our airplanes have the same max TO weight as FL's. Most of the flights I have flown in the past 18 months have been between 110k and 117k. Show me a 50 or 70 or even 90 pax jet routinely loaded to that weight. Doesn't happen because they can't. Even the new Erj's can't get to that weight. As soon as we agree to lower pay rates based on 99 seats, they will then put 117 in and then we are stuck being woefully underpaid.
Why would they put 117 seats in the 717 we they cant even fill 88?

You're right, it isn't the pilots' fault, but the reality is that they don't get a premium for those seats in this marketplace, which is evident by the fact that they had a decreasing yield, while most other airlines have seen their yield increase. Meaning they can't keep up with the increasing costs. You can make an arguement that they should get paid whatever you think, AAI, NWA, AMR rates for similar equipment....but the fact remains that they have a horrible business model, which is not the pilots' fault...but it sure is their problem.

Why do people on these boards have to resort to comments like that? I mean we ALMOST had a rational and civil discussion going here.

Because he is an skywest assho. Are you the thread police? Whoop whoop pull over.

Citation.... Even though weve had our arguments.... That was funny as h3ll.... Good luck with old Timmy..

That would only be true if Midex had the same seating configuration as AAI., but with almost 20 less seats, it's hard to make that arguement. I agree they are getting the shaft, but their 717's have about the same configuration as most EMB190's.

Well on that note, when I was at AWAC the Senior pay there was $100/hr or more. Those are 50 seaters. I have written this place off. I wish the best for all my friends here who are about to take it in the rear.

There isn't a single Midwest pilot that would seriously entertain this proposal, is there?

This type of ploy would make Cord/Lorenzo/Ornstein proud.

Hire a good bankruptcy lawyer, act like professionals, and stand up to this farce of a proposal.

Last edited:
That would only be true if Midex had the same seating configuration as AAI., but with almost 20 less seats, it's hard to make that arguement. I agree they are getting the shaft, but their 717's have about the same configuration as most EMB190's.

Thank God the Fedex and UPS guys don't go with that theory. An MD-11 flying with only 3 people, all crewmembers- yikes!

But the proposed scales are less than Pinnacle's 86-seat CA rates and about equal to their FO rates. What a disgrace. Unfortunately, I see the Midwest guys approving this and setting one of the most terrible precidents in pilot pay history.

Everyone, and I mean everyone better watch this closely. If YX succeeds in BK watch out because the dominoes will fall. You don't think that AAI and NWA won't look at this and say that they are flying the same equip and should be paid as such. Everyone knows that there are fewer seats, but since when has pay been decided by seats alone. Most often it is type of a/c. or wide vs narrow body. I am not sure YX will survive this, but I can tell you this it will have an effect going forward if they can ram it down our throats in BK. I know there are a lot who will say that I am full of something, and that who cares what happens at YX, but how many really thought usapa would succeed, not me. It only takes one domino or jenga or card to cause the whole house to come crashing down. Best of luck to all. Unfortunately, this will most likely be the end of a flying career that started in 1990. That's the way the ball bounces, I look for no pity and am happy that I got paid to do what I love for a long time. I am not giving up yet, but I for one will NOT fly for food.

Latest resources

Back