time to quit my crappy job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Split Casper

It sound like you want to leave, then DO IT! If your already p1ssing and moaning about your gig... Gee, don't stay!!

It sounds like you should leave the indusry completly too.

We just bought a small cargo operation ( roll-up into our $ 2 bil. supply chain logistics operation), and I'll tell ya, what a bunch of suckers pilots as a whole are! These chumps would sell their mom 'down the river,' just to fly! If your gonna do that, don't p1ss and moan on this board because your gonna turn into a old pedophile like Gulfstream ( 2,000+ posts here, and probably countless in the YAHOO! pre-teen chat rooms)

Looks like you need to make a decision soon here...

Cheers, 'cause I'm banned!

R0NIN said:
It sound like you want to leave, then DO IT! If your already p1ssing and moaning about your gig... Gee, don't stay!!

It sounds like you should leave the indusry completly too.

We just bought a small cargo operation ( roll-up into our $ 2 bil. supply chain logistics operation), and I'll tell ya, what a bunch of suckers pilots as a whole are! These chumps would sell their mom 'down the river,' just to fly! If your gonna do that, don't p1ss and moan on this board because your gonna turn into a old pedophile like Gulfstream ( 2,000+ posts here, and probably countless in the YAHOO! pre-teen chat rooms)

:confused: ....

Ah yeah....another billionaire non-pilot business mogul who happens to surf flightinfo.com.

:rolleyes: ....

Wrong 2X G Homie!!

"...another billionaire non-pilot business mogul..."
1) Bro, not a billionaire...
But alot wealthier, younger, and prettier (physically & emotionally...obviously!), than you old man...

2) "... non-pilot business mogul..."
Looks like it's time for glasses..... SEE MY TOTAL TIME OLD MAN?

Night night 'cause it's probably your bed time in New Jersey!

Last edited:
R0NIN said:
We just bought a small cargo operation
( roll-up into our $ 2 bil. supply chain logistics operation), and I'll tell ya, what a bunch of suckers pilots as a whole are! These chumps would sell their mom 'down the river,' just to fly! If your gonna do that, don't p1ss and moan on this board because your gonna turn into a old pedophile like Gulfstream ( 2,000+ posts here, and probably countless in the YAHOO! pre-teen chat rooms)

At least G-200 offers some useful advise. It may not be sugar-coated, but it's what some of these candyarses' need. (No ref. to Casper.)
Good luck in your new business. You seem like the type of employer people (chumps) would bend over backwards for.:rolleyes: :confused:

R0NIN said:
Bro, not a billionaire...
But alot wealthier, younger, and prettier (physically & emotionally...obviously!), than you old man...

Night night 'cause it's probably your bed time in New Jersey!

:confused: ...

well....alright then!!!

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
Of course the career belongs to you, but quitting a flying job without another lined up these days is just plain stupid.

Maybe if you have 10 type ratings and live in a busy area you will find SOMETHING quick...but aside from that you might be SOL. Fine if you have no responsiblity - go for it....but why??? to prove its YOUR LIFE?.....um, OK , guess I dont understand GEN X.

Basically all Im saying is quit whining and concentrate on finding the better job. Yip is 100% right, its easier to be picky while you still have a job.

Stop with the Ipod, the backpack, the Ritalin, and the excuses. Your parents really do love you.

:) .

Quitting a job before it ends your career or life isn't stupid. Seemed to be the point the original poster was driving at.

Gen-X got nothin to do with it. When you've reached the limit, you've reached the limit. Then again, I guess you could just soldier on till the wings come off...

I guess I assumed most in this goofy industry have something to fall back on.

You & Yip are right, though, it's always easier to get a job (in any career) when you have a job.

Ipod? Backpack? Ritalin? New underwear, even? If I were as rich as pilots are supposed to be, I guess I could afford those...

Cheers,
C

Corona said:
Quitting a job before it ends your career or life isn't stupid. Seemed to be the point the original poster was driving at.

Gen-X got nothin to do with it. When you've reached the limit, you've reached the limit. Then again, I guess you could just soldier on till the wings come off...

I guess I assumed most in this goofy industry have something to fall back on.

You & Yip are right, though, it's always easier to get a job (in any career) when you have a job.

Ipod? Backpack? Ritalin? New underwear, even? If I were as rich as pilots are supposed to be, I guess I could afford those...

Cheers,
C

you guys need to elaborate a bit on what kind of jobs you have that are "ending your life" or "putting your life at risk"...

I have had what I considered probably some of the worse flying gigs out there....and all it gave me was incentive to get the fark outta there...ASAP. - but that seems the norm in a non-military flight career.

Sure, I totally agree that you have to be able to look yourself in the mirror and keep your sanity, but what the heck are you guys doing that brings this on???

:confused:

either way, best of luck, a flying career certainly is not worth being miserable over.

Casper, If you are going to jump ship without having a lifeboat you better have at least 12 months of readily available cash (not 401K, investments etc). I agree that if it is a safety issue or you just can't respect yourself for working with said company it is not worth it. Remember the grass always appears greener on the other side of the fence and your next job you take in desperation to earn some cash may be worse than where you are. Take your time and look for something first. The industry is picking up and there are many entry level jet jobs for someone at your experience level.

Good luck

i didn't quit, yet. i think that i will give it just a while longer while i line up something better. time is my problem, i just can't get any time off without faking sick, maybe, to go job hunting. 7am-7pm 6 to 7 days a week is just taking too much of my time.

thanks for the constructive and the colorful advice.

-casper the mule

Latest resources

Back