Time for Skywest to Step Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BusDriver12

fellow skywest pilots, we are key to stopping this race to the bottom, if we take another bad contract, it will mean another 10 years of taking away the good jobs we all want replacing them with the 19.00 dollar/hr 90 seat FO's while management underbids everyone else and continues the race to the bottom.

Please hold the bar up high, we need to help the whole industry and we will finally need a union to help us do this.

please do something about it and help us get one started!

alpa is good,

but if someone has a problem with alpa....

get some other union, teamsters, whatever... just get one! now!

BusDriver12 said:
alpa is good,

but if someone has a problem with alpa....

get some other union, teamsters, whatever... just get one! now!

ALPA is no good and the teamsters are worse! The teamsters are the lowest people anywhere.

I'll keep my 3-6% union dues in my pocket, thank you.

BusDriver12 said:
fellow skywest pilots, we are key to stopping this race to the bottom, if we take another bad contract, it will mean another 10 years of taking away the good jobs we all want replacing them with the 19.00 dollar/hr 90 seat FO's while management underbids everyone else and continues the race to the bottom.

Please hold the bar up high, we need to help the whole industry and we will finally need a union to help us do this.

please do something about it and help us get one started!

Skywest has a reputation amongst most people in the industry as
being a fair place to work as well as a pleasant place to work. You
see most people there believing that a cohesive and cooperative effort
is in the best interests of the whole group.

Your stance is that all of those people are wrong and things are bad at
Skywest. Sorry but your story just doesn't sell very well in the real world.

ALPA is no good and the teamsters are worse! The teamsters are the lowest people anywhere.

I'll keep my 3-6% union dues in my pocket, thank you.

Are you satisfied with this pay offer? Do you feel you are being well represented? Are you sure that union dues are as high as 6%? Have you taken the time to read some propaganda in support of unions? I assume you read the propaganda against unions on your companies website. Is that your sole source of union info?

I've read too much anti-ALPA posts in many forums. And this Sapa shyt aint really working out, I think considering Teamsters or someother union can't hurt. This is a huge responsibilty for the pilots at skywest, the outcome can raise the bar for regional pilots for the years to come.

viper548 said:
Thanks Bluto
No problem. Pass it on. Many of our people, even union supporters, apparently don't know about this website. Rumor has it, the number of registrations on this website will determine whether ALPA even supports a union drive. In other words, if we don't get people signed up, we could be finished before we even start. If you're interested, please register.

Latest resources

Back