• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Time for another lame airline vs. airline thread, this time SKW vs. Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I echo the sentiment about trying not to commute. That should be a big factor in your decision. With that said, I've spent a considerable part of my 15+ years at Eagle commuting. It wasn't ideal, but I have to admit that I got accustomed to it somewhat. Overall, I've enjoyed working here. I really have. Much of it is in one's attitude and not letting the negativity take hold. Siucavflight has it right. Attitudes seem to be changing here because there seems to be a light at the end of the long tunnel.

Most junior Eagle jet captain 1999 hire, most junior SKW captain July 2006 hire! One simple sentence is all you need to make this glaringly obvious decision!

Most junior Eagle jet captain 1999 hire, most junior SKW captain July 2006 hire! One simple sentence is all you need to make this glaringly obvious decision!
Does that possibly mean that one company is better to work at then the other. Mesa 1900 pilots upgrade after 6 months. Why shouldnt he work there?

My dad can beat up your dad. Jesus...what a rock solid group of professionals we are. Me v. you. That is why all of our pay sucks. As soon as we turn this into us v. Mgmt/shareholders it all gets better.

Do whats best for you personally, then congratulate your fellow airmen for their decision and stop pitting us all against each other. Hard to beat the system when we all stand here waiting.

Put your cell phone away during your pre-flight, put the ipod away when you are in uniform, wear your uniform like your going to work...not a nightclub....AND GET INVOLVED. Maybe then mngmt. and shareholders will stop laughing at us all the way to the bank.

Rant off.

W

Does that possibly mean that one company is better to work at then the other. Mesa 1900 pilots upgrade after 6 months. Why shouldnt he work there?

If he lived in a mesa domicile then I say yes, work for mesa. Get your PIC time and get the hell out of the regional industry! Use Mesa like they use you. Basically use any regional as they use you. Why not? The regionals have clearly shown that they do not want to be considered a final destination, as evidenced by Eagle trying to get rid of senior Captains.

I can just hear now the Eagle interviewer asking where this prospective new hire see's himself in 5 years, and he says, well hopefully upgrade in 3 or 4 years, get my 1000 hours PIC and in about 5 years I'll get the heck out of here to a place where I can make a career! Interviewer says, "thats all I need to hear young man, YOU'RE HIRED!! Welcome aboard, you just better not stay too long''.

Hey marine grunt

First of all BYU Rocks! second of all MARINE GRUNT no one wants to know who's whatever you lick or who's arse you kiss. LOL. Skywest is a great company I would go for that and the quick upgrade time!

First of all BYU Rocks! second of all MARINE GRUNT no one wants to know who's whatever you lick or who's arse you kiss. LOL. Skywest is a great company I would go for that and the quick upgrade time!
No offense, but any regional is a good regional when you're a hungry CFI.

I can just hear now the Eagle interviewer asking where this prospective new hire see's himself in 5 years, and he says, well hopefully upgrade in 3 or 4 years, get my 1000 hours PIC and in about 5 years I'll get the heck out of here to a place where I can make a career!

Well, I didn't get asked that, but that's what I would have said if I did.

-Goose

Latest resources

Back