• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Time for another lame airline vs. airline thread, this time SKW vs. Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you lived in Dallas, I'd tell you to go to Eagle, but you live in SLC so the answer is Skywest.

Avoid commuting at all costs.

Open wallet, watch moths fly out! :)

If you have to ask, then you can NOT afford to take this job!

Get ready for top roman, and mac/cheese... :)

Remember my take home was about $350 a week, paid twice monthly..very sad..yet probably consistent with most regionals, sadly...

Don't forget your earplugs, since you will be sharing a hotel room with another underpaid first year FO and he will probably snore. Oh yeah, and a big half dollar, so you can flip for the sofa bed....

Last edited:
If you can take a job that will allow you to live in base take it! Eagle is a great place to work, but I sure as hell would not commute out of SLC for it. Just as I would not commute out of ORD to SLC to work at SKW

DON'T COMMUTE UNLESS NECESSARY! Not even for a Capt. upgrade..........

Well, I guess if I get an offer at SKW, it won't be necessary!! I feel pretty good about that decision. And it's nice to have a back up with Eagle if things didn't work out in the SKW interview. Thanks everyone for all your input.

-Goose

No brainer. Assuming you have both offers, it's SkyWest hands down. I left Eagle after yr. one and I made as much if not more at SKYW on first year pay. The pay rules here are better. It's hard to compare based solely on hourly rates.

As far as sharing a room in training, yes that sucks, but you'll do it at Eagle too.

I left Eagle for two reasons. Upgrade and basic QOL. The main QOL difference for me is the lack of the negative vibe that AMR/Eagle breeds. It's easy to succumb to...

No brainer. Assuming you have both offers, it's SkyWest hands down. I left Eagle after yr. one and I made as much if not more at SKYW on first year pay. The pay rules here are better. It's hard to compare based solely on hourly rates.

As far as sharing a room in training, yes that sucks, but you'll do it at Eagle too.

I left Eagle for two reasons. Upgrade and basic QOL. The main QOL difference for me is the lack of the negative vibe that AMR/Eagle breeds. It's easy to succumb to...
Just wondering how the difference in pay equates to you making more first year at SKW over Ealge? I have a lot of friends at SKW, I seem to average about 550 dollars more a month. Not that it is a big difference, but it does help, but the difference in pay does not make up for not having to commute.
The attitude of the pilot group has improved dramatically, with the flowbies leaving and the rapidly decreasing upgrade time, and the feeling that those with numbers are going to flow through starting in December has made Eagle a very positive place to work.
SKW is a great place from what I have heard, when choosing a regional it came down to choosing between Eagle and SKW, I knew I could hold ORD right out of training and with SKW it was looking like it would be Fresno.

Latest resources

Back