• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tilton badly wants his payoff!! UA-USair combo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, if you apply common sense, then I would agree.

The reality is, the self appointed leadership at USAPA thinks they are gods gift to aviation and the rest of us are rookies. Well at least the AWA pilots.

They will walk into negotiations demanding DOH, with restrictions. Acting like they are doing the UAL guys a favor.

You are exactly right, they will certainly try, I agree. I was taking that as a given. Of course we all know how far they are gonna get though, ha ha ha. Well, all of us but them that is.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but this is UALs way of getting the DOJ to disallow the DL/NW merger. Since Glen cant get the merger he wants, he is proposing one he knows wont go through. Then he can whine to the DOJ and say if you approve the DL/NW deal you have to approve mine. Knowing they wont do both. That way nothing changes and he can either liquidate UAL, or try another merger with DL or NW again.

D

With apologies to "On Your Six"...

"UAL is keeping Tilton from his golf course... C'mon, the guy used to work for Chevron (oil) where everyone is making HUGE money and he probably misses that."

So Tilton, bigshot from Chevron, can't look at an airline, and bother to see if a little fuel hedging might be a good idea, since it's been going up since the Iraq war started five years ago.

So he sits on his b@tt, now he has:

3. Losing market share to the LCCs (i.e., SWA in Denver)

and:

4. Inefficient fleet very susceptible to oil cost swings (like most legacies)

Too busy $crewing with the employees to do his job, looks to me.

With apologies to "On Your Six"...

"UAL is keeping Tilton from his golf course... C'mon, the guy used to work for Chevron (oil) where everyone is making HUGE money and he probably misses that."

So Tilton, bigshot from Chevron, can't look at an airline, and bother to see if a little fuel hedging might be a good idea, since it's been going up since the Iraq war started five years ago.

So he sits on his b@tt, now he has:

3. Losing market share to the LCCs (i.e., SWA in Denver)

and:

4. Inefficient fleet very susceptible to oil cost swings (like most legacies)

Too busy $crewing with the employees to do his job, looks to me.

Just to clarify Tilton's "experience"...He was CEO of Texaco for a VERY brief period. Texaco had just had it's pants sued off and they needed a CEO for a ver brief period while they declared BK and got merged with Chevron. When the merge happened, he was given some BS job title like "double secret assistant CEO". When he left, he got a $5 million retirement deal. He had to give up that deal to come to UAL. So UAL, on the verge of BK and reneging on the pilots retirement, cut him a check to replace the one he gave up at Chevron, and he's considered the company his own piggybank since that time.

Glenn was NEVER a "real" CEO before UAL. He's a pretender. Calling Glenn a CEO for his time at Texaco is the same as calling an FO a Capt because he was the only one at the controls while the real Capt went to take a leak at Cruise...

Just to clarify Tilton's "experience"...He was CEO of Texaco for a VERY brief period. Texaco had just had it's pants sued off and they needed a CEO for a ver brief period while they declared BK and got merged with Chevron. When the merge happened, he was given some BS job title like "double secret assistant CEO". When he left, he got a $5 million retirement deal. He had to give up that deal to come to UAL. So UAL, on the verge of BK and reneging on the pilots retirement, cut him a check to replace the one he gave up at Chevron, and he's considered the company his own piggybank since that time.

Glenn was NEVER a "real" CEO before UAL. He's a pretender. Calling Glenn a CEO for his time at Texaco is the same as calling an FO a Capt because he was the only one at the controls while the real Capt went to take a leak at Cruise...

You can count that as PIC time.

UAL is keeping Tilton from his golf course... C'mon, the guy used to work for Chevron (oil) where everyone is making HUGE money and he probably misses that.

Trump tried to make it in the airline business and got out. Warren Buffet got burned on his investment in US. Pritzkers took a bath with their investment in Braniff.

People who like money (real money) stay away from aviation. People who can siphon off cash are drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

PIC Time.....

You can count that as PIC time.

I guess that means you can place all that time you have spent on the street giving hand-jobs for crack as "PIC Time" as well, now doesn't it Instructorfool?

I mean, really-what is the difference between that experience and scabbing it out at Go-Jet ?

Latest resources

Back