Thumbs up Mr. 90 seat RJ guy...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rausda27

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=d0882f08-7a5b-4555-9088-57e9e7cad0ca

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A U.S. Airways jet full of passengers made an emergency landing in Salt Lake City on Friday after the plane's windshield shattered to pieces.

A Canadian journalist was on board and took pictures of the plane's cockpit and windshield after it landed. One of the photos showed a relieved pilot giving the "thumbs-up" sign, with the shattered glass in front of him after landing.

The twin-engined regional jet was on a flight from Edmonton to Phoenix when the windshield suddenly shattered. Pilots immediately requested an emergency landing at Salt Lake International Airport late Friday morning.

No one was hurt, and passengers boarded other flights to continue on their journeys later in the day. The plane remained on the tarmac at Salt Lake International Airport for repairs late into Friday afternoon. There were 87 passengers and 3 crew members on board.

The cause of the broken windshield is under FAA investigation.

Note to self:

Some people on flightinfo are caustic malcontents.

rausda27,

My first thought was "I'm glad everyone was ok." Your's was apparently something else.

-Goose

Some people need to get other jobs and get out of this industry, it's eating them to pieces!
I agree I have been off for a month now, it was great. Did not miss a football game, got drunk in normal ways, didn't have to listen to someone tell me they know someone that knows someone, and most importantly did not have to act like I even come close to caring about the 2 waitress in the back. It will be hard to go back this week.

Goose,

My post and its title is not a double entendre, euphemism, pun, spoonerism nor was it a play on words. It was simply a title that was pertinent to the article itself.

I would rather you did not make assumptions on the semantics and denotation of the title of this post.

If anyone is a "caustic malcontent", I would suggest you look in the mirror.

Fondly,
rausda27

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back