Thumbs up Mr. 90 seat RJ guy...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
broken RJ glass

After 10 years of flying the CRJ and 2 broken windshields they were non events.

2 types of CRJ pilots. Those that have had a windshield shatter and those that will have one shatter. (kinda like flap failure).. Its just part of CRJ life. Bombardier has been trying to fix these problems for years, but they still happen.

That's because God wanted Bombardier to build a Turboprop (CRP) and they put ducted fans on it instead, furthing the decline of our industry. God is just continually reminding you that you should be flying slower at lower altitudes with big props pulling you through the air.

I think that was PFT-MCDU in the captains seat. What a perfect match MCdoosh and Mesa!

The checklist for this doesn't say anything about landing at the nearest suitable airport interestingly enough. I had a windshield do the exact same thing and we returned to the field because we were in the process of climbing out. The thing that startled me at the time was the big bang it made when it shattered. But later on there were some tests done on this windshield by Bombardier I think and it is plenty strong. The shattering is typically caused by improper installation. This really didn't deserve the press it got. It's not a big deal. A little unnerving when it happens, yes. Dangerous, no.

Ditto. It sounds like a firearm going off in the cockpit. Definitely will wake you up after falling asleep in flight because Mesa assigned you a schedule where they expect you to get your rest sleeping on the floor of the airplane in the wee hours of the morning.

I actually recognized the captain from his picture. Super nice guy, a good pilot, and (if memory serves) a s-hot one time Army chopper pilot. His talents are wasted at MAG . . . there's really no justice in this industry.

MESA sucks. This would never have happened if regional pukes were flying t-props like they are supposed to. The hurricanes, failure of banking system, and price of oil are all because those spike haired d*****bags are playing with themselves in those little toy jets.

It makes the big scary bang noise at altitude. However once you land, MX control just issues you a ferry permit and tells you to fly it again.

I love the drama of the news video. Was any one hurt, Bob? No Diane nothing freaking happened at the airport today.

MESA sucks. This would never have happened if regional pukes were flying t-props like they are supposed to. The hurricanes, failure of banking system, and price of oil are all because those spike haired d*****bags are playing with themselves in those little toy jets.

I'll be the first to take a l e a k on the this little flame.

It was the Main line pilot on his/her high horse saying we don't want to fly those small jets.. and then let go of scope..either in ch 11 to save something else or just letting it go. Live with your decision or the decision of your fellow pilots.

Is it me or does that dude have a crooked thumb? He's trying to point it up, but it's pointing to the right!!

Looks like this

/
l
l
l

Latest resources

Back