• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thrust Reversers out while taxiing???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's up with the CHQ crj's in IAH taxiing with TR's deployed? Is that not against company op's?

You fly your airplane, he'll fly his. If he's doing it wrong he'll get fired.

PSA can't give a decent reason not to do it other than it costing the company $18 per cycle or some bs like that. I will take that into account when they quit treating us like sh!t. A lightly loaded CRJ likes to haul @ss on the ground at idle, so I pop one occasionally to keep the ride nice. I wish more people would try to taxi smooth...I'm seein a major lack of effort. BTW, what's the big hurry? Don't all of us get paid by the minute (except you mesa, you suck)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEDude
At Air Wiskey we had to have the reversers stowed below a certain speed - it's been a while so I don't recall exactly - I believe it was 60 knots. They told us it was because the angle at which the reversers deflect the air can kick up debris into the inlet below that speed. They even showed several examples in class. Oh and idle reverse only on dry runways longer than 6500 feet.

It depends on the aircraft. Some are authorized for backing up the aircraft even. I've seen many a C-17 do this.

You responded to a quote by NEDude, specifically referring to operations of aircraft at Air Wiskey...stating that it depends on the aircraft. Which aircraft at Air Wiskey is it to which you refer, then? Non-sequitor...but you invoke the C-17 while responding to a quote about Air Wisconsin...you're familiar with a secret Air Wiskey C-17 operation, are you?

avbug said:
...you're familiar with a secret Air Wiskey C-17 operation, are you?

THAT must be where those bastards in ATW spent all the pilot concession money they didn't give to UAL!

Latest resources

Back