• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thrust reverse...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have had one deploy several times in the Beechjet, and as long as you do not spool it up, it will not even leave the centerline. I believe it is more critical in the Citation.

As a matter of fact, if you go full reverse w/ one bucket open in the Beechjet it won't leave the centerline...we tried it one day.

getonit said:
My personal opinion is that the T/R's aren't that effective on the citation anyway. I have experimented on long runways with applying max thrust and nothing really fantastic happens because if you land on speed you are already going fairly slow anyway.

I would readily agree with this statement. That is why I typically don't spool the reverse up in the Citation. By the time the engines have completely spooled up, you're passing through 70 kts...

Learjet 31A...

Touchdown, immediately deploy the spoilers...
Upon nosegear touchdown deploy T/R's
@ 60 kts. T/R's out of "Full Reverse"

Don't get me started on brake usage...

Say Hawker-boy.....

Learjet 31A...

Touchdown, immediately deploy the spoilers...
Upon nosegear touchdown deploy T/R's
@ 60 kts. T/R's out of "Full Reverse"

Don't get me started on brake usage...

.....isn't "Lift-dump" good enough for you anymore???!!!:):):)

.....isn't "Lift-dump" good enough for you anymore???!!!:):):)

I really miss the Hawker... You're going to get me emotional. When I flew the Hawker given the choice of which one I'd prefer to be inop., I'd rather give up the T/R's. If you get the chance on a long runway land without using the lift-dump. You'll be amazed how effective that system is.

Lift-dump is great...

I really miss the Hawker... You're going to get me emotional. When I flew the Hawker given the choice of which one I'd prefer to be inop., I'd rather give up the T/R's. If you get the chance on a long runway land without using the lift-dump. You'll be amazed how effective that system is.

.....especially when landing on that short runway at "Mucho Poco" Aeropuerto.

Y tu lo sabes, amigo!

Go to FSI Citation in Wichita and ask for the '20 limitations on the TR's' guy! Anyone in the Ultra and Encore can tell ya about him. I am sure he would have a hey day with your technique. Get that nose wheel down!

My Hawker does not have T/R's. Just the mighty dump.

I'd hate to admit it because my male ego loves TR's as much as the next but they really are dead weight on the 800 series Hawkers. When you fly one with TR's you'll find out what I'm talking about.

My opinion is that we, as pilots, are risk managers. If you look at T/R usage from this perspective, one cannot help but see that the SAFEST operation is after the nose wheel is firmly on the ground. You can go back and forth on technique. But in this job, we should always take the safest route.

My opinion is that we, as pilots, are risk managers. If you look at T/R usage from this perspective, one cannot help but see that the SAFEST operation is after the nose wheel is firmly on the ground. You can go back and forth on technique. But in this job, we should always take the safest route.

As with every flight we make, it depends on the situation. On a shorter runway, delaying the buckets may not be the SAFEST. That would be VERY aircraft specific.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back