Thread Hijacks and Airline Bashing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASADFW7

After a week of observing the forum traffic, there are many readers who are interested in good information about the companies included in this forum. There is also a trend that we would like to see diminished.

Firstly, no creative swearing as per terms of service, type out the word and let the filter work.

Secondly, mild personal attacks are permitted in the TOS, however thread bombs that take a good thread and turn it into X airline versus Y are growing old for many members.

Typically there are instigators and reactors in a conversation. The typical drive by insult for many us makes the moment feel good, but collectively it weakens the debate. I would like to ask that if you are so inclined to go off topic that you consider creating a separate thread for the discussion. Hopefully that will allow the information on the original topic to continue till conclusion. Thank you.

I have absolutely zero problem with more active moderation. It's about time.

If the OP could be posted in the regional forum that would be great! There's a lot of threads being turned into peeing contest.

yup, get to work. But I found that if you just ignore a certain few, the information on here is great!

I am so glad that there is finally someone trying to tone down the worthless stuff that happens around here. This is a discussion forum not a political talking box for personnel vendetta issues. Some of these threads always turn into the same two argumenitive idiots slinging the same mud over and over. It's infuriating to those of us just trying to keep up with what's going on in the industry.

Thank you for making the effort!

If the mudslinging starts give us a heads up, I am not here to read everything, only to keep good information flowing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back