Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Those darn regional pilots overflew MSP!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw the news last night here in LA and the media actually showed a video of an E170 in NWA colors instead of an A320 trying to give people an image of a regional airline. Although they had to say it was a Northwest Airbus in the end of the report. Bastards!

I have been telling my friends and family the same thing, except I don't think another 200 dead will do the trick. Until the sloths that are the flying public quit demanding el cheapo tickets on orbitz, travelocity, priceline...et al...the race to the bottom will continue.

The public is getting what they have paid for. It is all they want and expect. Congress and the FAA don't care either because they are too busy lining their pockets with Lobbyist $$, trips and gifts to change the rules or legislation to fix the system.

So while this all looks bad and get it's time in the press.......we'll be on to the next hot story of the second next week and this will all be history. Until we drill a few more smoking holes....NOTHING will change.

Andy...What could Congress or the FAA have done to prevent these two incidents this week (MSP and ATL)...Specifics please....

Do you think they accidentally switched to the previous frequency and ACTUALLY DID get into a conversation and lost track of time. However, I start getting antsy if I dont hear a radio call for 8-10 minutes.

Is that somehow better than falling asleep? I don't know.

Ok. Let's say that they did get into that heated conversation about company policies, but come on, you've got 4 screens up there, all showing navigational information. You're saying that for the better part of 2 hours neither pilot glanced at the screens, or out of the corner of their eyes noticed their position, or the absence of a course line?

I've had comm problems before, but I've always known my general position, even before glass.

All I can say is that it most have been some conversation!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you compare the number of 121 airline passenger deaths to the ratio of 121 pilots and apply that same ratio to the number of doctors in the country...and then ran that ratio to reflect airline pilots killing the same percentage of passengers as doctors kill patients....we'd be killing on average 10,000 passengers a year just in the US. When we start killing that many there will be change...until then it's all just smoke and mirrors and media hype...onto the next story says the bubble headed bleach blonde who can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye (Don Henly)

What we need is FULL and COMPLETE re-regulation of the entire industry...INCLUDING wages set back to 1977 and indexed for inflation. My $104 a hour would be closer to $225...what it friggen should be for what we do!!!

Rant over....need a drink or a percoset!

So they fell asleep because they weren't making enough?

I saw the news last night here in LA and the media actually showed a video of an E170 in NWA colors instead of an A320 trying to give people an image of a regional airline. Although they had to say it was a Northwest Airbus in the end of the report. Bastards!

Do you really think the news was smart enough to do that? They can't tell the difference between a 747 and CRJ typically.

Andy...What could Congress or the FAA have done to prevent these two incidents this week (MSP and ATL)...Specifics please....

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Wait a minute joey, we'll send some tissues right over to the rjdc!

Latest resources

Back