Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Those darn regional pilots overflew MSP!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This incident reminds me of some advice I got from a guy who flew allnighters all the time. Tune comm 2 to the destination atis frequency and turn the volume way up. When you are getting close to your destination it will break the squelch and wake you up if you've accidentally fallen asleep.

This was totally the First Officers fault. I am sure the Captain told him that if he woke up and caught him sleeping there was going to be a "heated discussion about company procedures."

This incident reminds me of some advice I got from a guy who flew allnighters all the time. Tune comm 2 to the destination atis frequency and turn the volume way up. When you are getting close to your destination it will break the squelch and wake you up if you've accidentally fallen asleep.

Another cargo trick is to build a hold at the end of your flight plan over the destination airport. Then when you flame out due to fuel starvation, you know you can still glide it in.

There haven't been enough deaths yet for the FAA to make changes to rest rules. We need 4 more crashes and a minimum of 200 dead for the FAA to make positive change. And when they make a change, it won't really be a change now will it?

I have been telling my friends and family the same thing, except I don't think another 200 dead will do the trick. Until the sloths that are the flying public quit demanding el cheapo tickets on orbitz, travelocity, priceline...et al...the race to the bottom will continue.

The public is getting what they have paid for. It is all they want and expect. Congress and the FAA don't care either because they are too busy lining their pockets with Lobbyist $$, trips and gifts to change the rules or legislation to fix the system.

So while this all looks bad and get it's time in the press.......we'll be on to the next hot story of the second next week and this will all be history. Until we drill a few more smoking holes....NOTHING will change.

If you compare the number of 121 airline passenger deaths to the ratio of 121 pilots and apply that same ratio to the number of doctors in the country...and then ran that ratio to reflect airline pilots killing the same percentage of passengers as doctors kill patients....we'd be killing on average 10,000 passengers a year just in the US. When we start killing that many there will be change...until then it's all just smoke and mirrors and media hype...onto the next story says the bubble headed bleach blonde who can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye (Don Henly)

What we need is FULL and COMPLETE re-regulation of the entire industry...INCLUDING wages set back to 1977 and indexed for inflation. My $104 a hour would be closer to $225...what it friggen should be for what we do!!!

Rant over....need a drink or a percoset!

Latest resources

Back