This Just In... More Mesa Contract info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wiskey Driver said:
Actually jetdriven I did answer your question, you just didn't like the answer you recieved...

WD.

really?? I read up and down this post and the best I could find ws "hold the line bro"

can you please repeat what you would do here at mesa given the alter-ego carrier??

The answer I gave you was on another post. What I said in that one was use all of your resources and if worse came to worse which it obviously did then you walkout, strike anything to save the dignity of the profession. I asked you before when you said the JO was shifting the flying to freedom "why does he even need you and or mesa at all???IF it's that easy why are you still employed? The truth is he does need you and if you walked off planes wouldn't be flying, however you guys were, are under the impression that if you walked you could be replaced in days, last time I checked it took atleast 1 1/2 months to get a person trained and ready to start IOE. Let me draw your attention to Comair two years ago, they walked and planes don't fly, instructors don't teach companies lose millions a day. Now if you guys had done that this conversation would not be taking place, instead I need to go vote on a TA at my company that is really driven from your contract, that vote will be a HELL NO!!!

BTW did you get a no alter ego clause in your new contract?? If not you really were fuked...

WD.

I have to admit I get a real kick out of these mesa threads, for a couple of different reasons. The first, and most ironic, is that to a man, ALL of the guys complaining are the ones who are doing mainline flying simply because they are cheaper than mainline pilots. Then they accuse mesa of, in effect, doing the same thing that they have done. Don't feel bad. I did it too. However, I didn't complain about others doing the same thing I was doing.

The second reason is that I have been mentioning for years the effect the low pay at SWA, Jetblue and Airtran are having on our contracts, and most call me an arrogant a-hole in response. Somehow, it's only bad when a commuter undercuts its competitors, but ok when mainline carriers do it. I don't see the difference.

I agree that it sucks when other pilots get flying (or profits) because they undercut your salary. I wish all of us luck in any upcoming negotiations. This profession is in a dangerous time.

Good luck, and fight hard.

Last edited:
FDJ,
Your post was right on. Jet blue, SWA, Air Tran, etc. are all well run airlines but unfortunately they are replacing great pilot jobs with mediocre to good jobs.

Jet Blue maybe a well run airline. but how long you think that will last? i believe their profit? is due to the fact they pay cheap lease prices for those 'bus' a/c they fly. as long as the low lease prices exist, they will continue to be a 'well run airline'.
of course this is just my opinion.

mesa contract and low fare

lately, i passed on the rampant number of posts degrading mesa pilots......and their TA...well as a cc airer, i have a job now......
oh yes and I was union too...

why don't you cuss ALPA for telling us to vote yes.

THERE IS NOW WAY YOU CAN ASSIGN AND BLAME MESA PILOTS FOR A DOWNTURN WHICH HAS CAUSED TWO MAJOR BKS AND HAS THREATENED TWO MORE.

Now, the pilots see playing ball is the wiser move.....

let me state any mgt team such as Cartys' and Seigels' , who greed and greed inspired lawyers, advised them to fund their pensions, should be fired and prosecuted.

Really, if you think in a landscape of changing markets,customer preferences,resistance to price gouging (i.e. Charlotte had second highest fares in the US during 2000 and 01 during height of air travel demmand) that Mesa pilots

.........are the single and only reason that your job is or will be affected in some adverse way is

1)shortsighted
2)maniacal
3)ignorant
4)niave
5)buttheaded
6)immature
7)signs of brainwashing
8)evidence you grass needs cutting
9)indication your company is poorly managed
10) a sign that since the continued bitching does nothing to help
WHERE'S YOUR SOLUTION TO ALL THIS.

HOW DO YOU KNOW MESA WON'Y BE BANKRUPT IN THREE YEARS AND WOULDN'T THAT HELP YOUR CAUSE?

Re: mesa contract and low fare

climbhappy said:

1)shortsighted
2)maniacal
3)ignorant
4)niave
5)buttheaded
6)immature
7)signs of brainwashing
8)evidence you grass needs cutting
9)indication your company is poorly managed
10) a sign that since the continued bitching does nothing to help
WHERE'S YOUR SOLUTION TO ALL THIS.

HOW DO YOU KNOW MESA WON'Y BE BANKRUPT IN THREE YEARS AND WOULDN'T THAT HELP YOUR CAUSE?

Up next on David Letterman, the Mesa Top Ten pilot attributes.

Mesa wont be bankrupt because it has been financed on the backs of the pilots.

Latest resources

Back