• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thinking of Voting For John McPain? Recall this:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fascinating that otherwise intelligent people actually believe that either side gives a gnats behind about the middle class or what is good for America.

I certainly believe, that regardless of who we elect, that I will continue to pay more than my fair share in taxes. I am not uber rich, nor poor, just stuck somewehere in the middle, you know, AMT territory.

The lowest income pays essentially no taxes, as a matter of fact, they get money back for working, EITC and the really rich has expensive tax attorneys, who are very good at finding loopholes in the law.

So, both sides will be looking squarely at our income level to fund whatever they seek.

What I think we need is a flat tax, 15-20% across the board, with a lower limit at some reasonable number, say 20K. Proponents of the flat tax has shown over and over again, that it can work and I think most would find it to be fair. As it stands now, the systems unfairly targets those near the middle, actually I think upper middle, but that's just me.

As for the working pilot, President Clinton gave us a PEB, McCain called pilots unpatriotic, where is the difference? IMHO, there is none.

As for the war, McCain has said we are staying and I think both O and H will realistically stay as well. Pelosi et al., although they ran on a "pull out now" platform ( and in the case of Nancy I certainly would), nothing has changed. I am not thrilled that our armed forces are defending idiots, but as Powell said, you break it, you have to stay and fix it. Pulling out now would see Iraq descend into mayhem, much like we saw in the former Yugoslavia.

Last edited:
As for the working pilot, President Clinton gave us a PEB
You mean the PEB that the pilots asked for? You should talk to some APA reps that know about what happened in that case. They got exactly what they wanted. Ask the NWA reps about how a phone call from Clinton's Chief White House counsel Bruce Lindsey settled their contract negotiations in their favor. I can't stand the Clintons, but Slick Willy was good to air line pilots. He screwed over the rest of labor with NAFTA, but he was good to us.

Everyone is worried about their tax bill, and so am I, but what about cabotage? It's hard to pay taxes when you're out of a job because Mccain just allowed Ryan, British Airways, Cathay, KLM, Air France, and on and on to fly domestically.

Everyone is worried about their tax bill, and so am I, but what about cabotage? It's hard to pay taxes when you're out of a job because Mccain just allowed Ryan, British Airways, Cathay, KLM, Air France, and on and on to fly domestically.

You might want to take a look at what those airlines are getting paid before you worry about them!

Open skies is just another free trade agreement where American companies will get the short end of the stick. The problem with these "free trade" agreements is the one-sidedness of the application.

Slots are much harder to come by in Europe and Asia, and American carriers will be at an international disadvantage while foreign carriers have a field day setting up in America's airspace.

It is a flawed idea- we have far more to lose than to gain. And it goes to McCain's judgment that he would be in favor of such a proposal.

You might want to take a look at what those airlines are getting paid before you worry about them!

Yeah but the pilot labor component of the first world airlines isn't the main point. Suddenly dumping dozens of established airlines into the system all at once and flooding the market with hyper competition is what will hurt us. And it will start with everyone's newfound bedrock international flying. That's the sucker punch. The Chuck Norris roundhouse kick will follow shortly after that (second and third world cabotage). (You may now commence Chuck Norris tributes).

Do you assume that US pilots like you and I will be flying at those airlines?

Or perhaps we might be flying at Open Skies, British Airways attempt at Freedom Air or Gojets. I don't care to be the global version Freedom pilots. Do you?

Actually, the concern is we will not being flying those jets. The maritime industry is an indicator.

The saving grace might be secuirty and CRAF, but our jobs can be whittled down to secure keep security and CRAF. That means allot less pilot jobs.

Know that McCain will continue the demise of our profession. If you feel voting for McCain is the right choice for whatever reason, know that if you are an Air Line Pilot, your profession will suffer. Your quality of life, pride in your craft and future job security will decline.

Many of you are content with that... because other issues are more important to you... that is fine.... know the cause and effect of your vote.....

Hey dont forget what Bush and gang is trying to send through the senate now. Free trade with Columbia. Oh yeah McCain is on board too. Thats nice keep sending more jobs away. For those that dont believe that we dont need a tax hike you need to come to terms with reality. This ********************ty war in Iraq costs money. We are in so much debt that we have driven the dollar to the point that OPEC is thinking of taking up the Euro instead. Bernake is about to drop the Fed again. Every time he does oil goes up almost $5 dollars a barrel. Bush and McCain have not been anything but friends of the Saudis. Most of the terrorism money today still comes from there and the Gulf states. The addition that they want to put onto open skies will send us they way of the shipping industry. I may not like the Democrats but I am not stupid either.

Oh and before you bible thumping evangelicals want to start with this topic remember this. Leave religion out of it. If you cant spout anything out of your brainwashed brains that doesnt include some kind of hate, then dont. Talk in tongues somewhere else....Im voting for Obama!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back