Think twice before coming to Pinnacle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smarta$$

On top of all the other obvious issues that make this a terrible job, it just got worse for new hires.

If you come to Pinnacle and live in MSP, MEM or DTW, or if you wanted to be based in any of those for commuting you want to here this.

If you come to class and don't have the class seniority to hold those, they can assign you ATL. They do it now, for example if MSP is your first choice and they don't have enough openings or you don't have the seniority, they put you in detriot or memphis. But you can bid MSP in the next vacancy.

But with ATL, you are stuck and will be locked out of holding a NW hub for 24 Months.

If the class you start in doesn't have enough openings for the base you want or you are junior in your class, you have NO control over this.

Go to Mesaba unless you like ATL.

I actually find the reverse pretty funny. One of my Pinnacle buddies told me that the first bid for ATL went so senior that you had to be in the top 1/3 of the FO or CA seniority list to hold it.

People who have been there for years and are holding great schedules are now going to be going back on reserve. But its ok, from what I hear, reserve at Pinnacle is great. :)

I actually find the reverse pretty funny. One of my Pinnacle buddies told me that the first bid for ATL went so senior that you had to be in the top 1/3 of the FO or CA seniority list to hold it.

People who have been there for years and are holding great schedules are now going to be going back on reserve. But its ok, from what I hear, reserve at Pinnacle is great. :)

Yes, reserve here is great. It is ALMOST as fun as getting run over by a car.

The title should be, think 10 times before coming to pncl, and then let me kick you in the b@!!$

CA went senior, but that was expected with the amount of guys from the southeast US. What was surprising were a few CA's that it would be a difficult commute for, but if I had to guess it is "new stomping" grounds for the wolves.

FO's, it went into the 900's out of 1400 pilots... Those on that side of the list were more of a surprise and disappointing who they were. I was surprised they bought the whole SJS deal. Other than the few who live in ATL and that was a given they were taking the domicile.

What was the most junior number for the Captains that got it? Kind of curious whether I would have been able to hold it or not if I had stayed.

Latest resources

Back