• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Things seem quite at ASA what's up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So back on topic... ASA is losing 8 CRJ700s, possibly 6 CRJ200s, waiting for the hammer to fall on downgrades, upgrades have probably shot up to 8 years or so... (upgrades are at least 6 years right now) Getting deeper and deeper into the dark pit that is contract negotiations and the two MECs can't even get along. We've just plateaued on our slide to the bottom, there are more threads to come as we hit the next down-slope which will be soon I'm sure. Enjoy the "quite", kind of like when a baby naps.

Ok been a little while and we need another ASA thread. Now there's been plenty of talk of the 8 (700's) going away, and maybe the 6 (200's). When do we vote (and what are the choices) on the "new" name? Also does anyone think we could see a new contract to fly for USAirways on the East coast since Skywest just got new contract for them outta PHX? Oh and when is Delta gonna switch out those nasty Cheddar Sun Chips back to the Salsa ones??? Ok talk away we need more ASA threads!

- We will actually be back to the original number of CRJ7s once those 8 leave
for Blowjet, since we aquired 8 ex-Horizon birds. Just need to find homes or extend contracts on those 50 seaters.

- Not expecting any furloughs or downgrades.

- Have heard a rumor of USAir flying for ASA out of LGA, but that's a pretty wild rumor.

- Should be voting on the new company name within the next couple of weeks.

- Check those expiration dates on those Sun Chips! Had a pax get handed some expired ones a few weeks ago.

- Aceypalooza! Thanks for all you do!

Those 700s were parked at ASA, until Delta put out a proposal. There was no contract for them or the 50s. They were never ASA's. As a matter of fact they were here longer than they were supposed to be. The rest of our flying is under long term contract. Flying for a regional still sucks and always will but this whole doom and gloom thing is annoying. Yes regional life sucks and we will never be properly staffed because it would cost too much but that is not why ASA lost those airplanes!!

I waited and waited for a uniform change and finally broke down and spent some money on updating my winter stuff with the silver velcro epaulets and such so we should be switching to gold soon. Now I just need to go out and purchase an iPad and we'll be all set.

Russ at flight station tried to sell me a set of gold epaulets and said ASA is already wearing gold (hopefully not yellow). Hmm, news to me. I'm sure it's right around the corner though.

I waited and waited for a uniform change and finally broke down and spent some money on updating my winter stuff with the silver velcro epaulets and such so we should be switching to gold soon.

According to SH, expect new uniform guidelines in October or November. On the other hand that isn't the most reliable source...

I waited and waited for a uniform change and finally broke down and spent some money on updating my winter stuff with the silver velcro epaulets and such so we should be switching to gold soon. Now I just need to go out and purchase an iPad and we'll be all set.

Russ at flight station tried to sell me a set of gold epaulets and said ASA is already wearing gold (hopefully not yellow). Hmm, news to me. I'm sure it's right around the corner though.

The company has to pay for all of your accessories if they change them. That's one of the reasons we will wear gold....cheaper....

Latest resources

Back