Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

These guys must be idiots to pray on a plane--outloud!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Prop2Jet

I mean really guys are you that dumb to pray out loud! Do you not watch CNN or Fox news?

MINNEAPOLIS — Six Muslim imams were removed from a US Airways flight at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on Monday and questioned by police for several hours before being released, a leader of the group said.
The six were among passengers who boarded Flight 300, bound for Phoenix, around 6:30 p.m., airport spokesman Pat Hogan said.
A passenger initially raised concerns about the group through a note passed to a flight attendant, according to Andrea Rader, a spokeswoman for US Airways. She said police were called after the captain and airport security workers asked the men to leave the plane and the men refused.
"They took us off the plane, humiliated us in a very disrespectful way," said Omar Shahin, of Phoenix.
The six Muslim scholars were returning from a conference in Minneapolis of the North American Imams Federation, said Shahin, president of the group. Five of them were from the Phoenix-Tempe area, while one was from Bakersfield, Calif., he said.
Three of them stood and said their normal evening prayers together on the plane, as 1.7 billion Muslims around the world do every day, Shahin said. He attributed any concerns by passengers or crew to ignorance about Islam.

"They took us off the plane, humiliated us in a very disrespectful way," said Omar Shahin, of Phoenix.He attributed any concerns by passengers or crew to ignorance about Islam.

Any he is obviously very ignorant of the events of Sept. 11, 2001.

Cmon, they probably planned to do this as a stunt. They were all at this conference, I'm sure they were "pumped up" as most people are after leaving a ra ra conference. They planned on doing this to make a scene.

I agree this was a planned stunt. religious islamic scholars know when daily evening prayers are to be held. Don't book a flight during that time! As I understand it, they have to face a certain direction during prayer...planes turn too much in flight to really accomodate proper prayer. Of course, it was Airways, and it may have been 4 hours late. There is a war out there, much like the cold war that touched every part of our lives. Media shock value is the best weapon currently in their arsenal. Recognize this for what it is- a stunt. I have flown hundreds of practicing muslims at some point, and none have yet felt the need to pray on a flight. Perhaps they booked flights that would not interfere with their prayer...a very logical choice.

Muslims have been praying on A/C for years, even after 9/11.Can't tell you how many times I've picked up the inter phone and heard "A pax wants to face east." Its no big deal and if you fly international it happens a lot.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back