There Is A Ta!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hello.............

Guess what USAirways 1149? Piedmont, Allegheny, and PSA are owned by USAIRWAYS Group. So I would think you guys would want to keep these aircraft in the family so your furloughed pilots could fly some of em? Or didn't you know that USAirways had 3 wholly owned carriers? Because to tell you the truth most of your pilots don't know there are 3 wholly owned carriers and the ones that do think we already have all the jets or will be getting them.
I even had some idiot on the jump seat the other day that looked right at us and asked "so, how do you like those rjs at Piedmont?"... These comments really show how much mainline pilots know what is going on around them.....

Last edited:
There are three wholly-owneds at US Airways.

PSA, Piedmont, and Allegheny.

PSA flies the Dornier 328 Turboprop
Piedmont and Allegheny the Dash 8

PSA will acqure the CRJ this winter.

Affiliate carriers include Chautauqua, Trans-States, Shuttle America, Mesa, Air Midwest, Colgan...

Stick your attitude where the sun don't shine.

It's really to bad

I flew for Piedmont for about three years and I am very sorry to see what is happening to all of "us". Piedmont had lots of great people and the Dash is a great aiplane (DCA was the best!) Hope everyone can find work elsewhere and soon.

CD

Airways1149

Airways 1149, I am surprised and glad to see you are in the know about your company. My attitude was not directed at you in particular, it is just that most of your brothers up there at mainline don't have a clue about the aforementioned. And if you argue otherwise, why is it that many times when we get a mainline jumpseater they don't have a clue about us or what we fly? aughhhhhhhhhhh why is everthing so frustrating at this company?????????????????????????????????

I would have to second Piedmonts thoughts on this one USAirways1149...though I would qualify that by saying that it is pretty endemic to the industry as whole...Nothing like walking up the jetway, handing your ID to the captain, asking for a ride, and being asked "Who do you guys fly express for?" and answering "You."

True story, many times, BTW. And what really hurts is the suspicion that our careers are in no small way being controlled by men who demonstrate the same knowledge of their own organization, let alone a working knowledge of commercial aviation as a whole.

Yeah, Piedmont working at PDT is frustrating...and it doesn't have to be this way...sorry.

It's been my take on the issue that the reason why there's a Chautauqua is because there's an ALPA at mainline and a mainline management wing.

The reality is that USAir Mainline, as far as I can see it, doesn't have the capital to finance new aircraft, and if they go to Piedmont or Allegheny, they come off the balance sheet at USAir. It's a debt liability which they don't treat the same way in the financial world as they treat the payments to a company like Chautauqua, Mesa, or Colgan.

Costs have to be cut somewhere, at the ALPA MEC allowed it to be done at the expense of the pilots at Piedmont and Allegheny, it appears. Not that they didn't take heavy concessions, but when you're losing billions, the company (particularly in bankruptcy) has to do anything to eliminate the liabilities column on their SEC paperwork. Chautauqua and Mesa help with that. I really believe that there are either aircraft at contract carriers for USAir, or no regional aircraft at all.

It makes me ill to think about the folks at the WOs, and what their future holds. No more so than the folks at Shuttle America, for all the doom and gloom that seems to be around for them. The fact that I am at Chautauqua is a stroke of luck rather than prescience, as I would have gladly accepted a position with just about anybody who'd hire me last year.

And who knows what will happen with our TA? And who knows what the correct answer is to it? There's a lot of "I told you so" going around here for a group of people that have no real idea of what's going to happen (including me). We could all be out on our butts in a few months, too. Which is why I don't wish ill will on anybody, WO or not, jets or not, whatever. I like Chautauqua, and think we've got good folks here for the most part. But I hope that everybody finds a way to sqweak out of this with their livlihood attached.

Latest resources

Back