Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coloneldan

CENSORED
I was thinking the other day, if Propilot Magazine let everybody vote for the worst FBO it would be a lot more useful information than best FBO. My vote would be a tie between Signature at White Plains (HPN), and Piedmont Hawthorn at Winston-Salem (INT). If anybody's interested I can relate particulars. What's your vote?

Webster City, Iowa :laugh:

Signature HPN and LAS are two of the worst if you figure the expenses they charge.

Landmark DAL is terrible.

I don't understand why MillionAir TEB gets high marks in ProPilot.

Not a big fan of McKinley at CAK. There used to be a real tool running the place, not sure if he's there anymore or not, haven't been there in awhile.

JimsAir, SAN. They keep calling us weeks after we've been there, paid the $387 landing fee, and telling us we never paid it, or that they show we were there twice in one day, and we have to argue with them for 30 minutes to straighten them out. You'd think their service would be a little better for that huge landing fee too.

Have to agree with Signature in LAS. Once stopped there because they have the military contract. Gave them the fuel order and then sat down to eat some box lunches (no crew car) some NetJet guys didn't want (thanks for those by the way!). Any way, 45 minutes later we go up to pay and they haven't even started fueling us.

Karma: In my everyday corporate gig we go into LAS quite a bit. We go to Atlantic...very good service and they'll run their van to take you anywhere you want to go.

Have to second the vote for Jimair/SAN! The hands down winner. (loser) No such thing as a quick-turn and last time in they didn't even bring the catering out when asked. Pax said the heck with it , let's just go! At least they waived the catering charge, if not the ramp fee. I'll tanker to max landing weight to beat them out of a fuel sale every time. Pax get stuck with the ramp fee for choosing SAN anyway. Their choice, but still too bad.

At Signature LAS and SFO, it's so busy sometimes that you feel lucky just to be able to stand in line for less than 15 minutes to pay your bill and get out. Signature always seems short of help. I go to Atlantic/LAS so often that the line guys all say hi to me by name. Good folks once you learn how things work there. You have to do things their way!

Raytheon/VNY and Supermarine/SMO both have pleasant, pretty girls behind the counter and nice facilities, yet you can never find a line guy. I guess high-priced jet fuel and ridiculous ramp fees doesn't justify management having enough line guys.

It is a shame that nobody will ever publish a worst list, but we all know who they are. They are most often the only FBO on the field. Signature seems to have purchased their way into many of these airports, but they are not the only ones to do this.

Best,

Hey Mark! Signature anywhere!! Especially if they are the only
fbo on the field.
coloneldan said:
I was thinking the other day, if Propilot Magazine let everybody vote for the worst FBO it would be a lot more useful information than best FBO. My vote would be a tie between Signature at White Plains (HPN), and Piedmont Hawthorn at Winston-Salem (INT). If anybody's interested I can relate particulars. What's your vote?

coloneldan said:

I'd like to hear your "particulars" about the INT location... I'm sure I can relate...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back