• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The US Airways Recall Decision: Deal or No Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got a copy of LOA 93 today and had a brief minute to breeze through it. Wow.

Did I read correctly that years 1-7 only accrue 1 week of vacation!?

Did I read correctly that LTD is only pays for 2 years?! Long term my ass!

Did I read correctly that a reserve is only out of time if he does 285 hours in a 3 month period?! That's 95/mo average! Holy crap can you say fatigue?

Did I read correctly that you only have 60 hours of regular sick available unlesss you're on a long-term sick of more than 21 days!?

Did I read correctly that the VP Flt Ops sets the monthly cap as high as 95 with no restrictions, and can flex it 5 from there?! Ouch!

The only thing that got me excited was that the 75 hour option with SAP-ability down to 60 is still available! I figure that's probably a bad sign for me going back....

I will do more research but it ain't too pretty so far. I hope I missed a lot in my initial scan and I'm way off base here.

LTD equals 24 mos if caused by mental illness or disorder or substance abuse. Cost a max of $100 mo. company picks up the rest.

Reserve(bucket system) will be difficult to say the least if you commute. Only 4 days a mo they cannot touch. Hopefully negotiations will help some of the problems. I'm afraid the current reserve system will take a toll on the senior work force. A lot of fatigue!

Vacation is "I got mine" syndrome for sure.

E period sims for training.

DH 50% pay no credit

amenable date 12-31-09

no night pay

pay frozen till 12-31-09

no crew meals domestically

have to be a PHL lawyer to understand sick section now

Medical insurance between age 60-65 is high,nothing about drug coverage that I could see.

In summary,no wonder USAir is making boatloads of money. When you only have to provide sweat shop pay and benefits you can't help but beat the rest of the industry.

At this point I think it's a definite BYPASS until the single list and single contract are decided. I would sure like to have a better idea of what to expect in regard to the compensation and progression I can count on if I go back to LCC.

Latest resources

Back