Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Skybus Innaugural flight yesterday....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you have got to be the biggest idiot on FI.com..

Would you like to explain? or would you rather just go ahead and (edit) me!

Mod input: Same reason as below. Don't do it again. Third strike and your out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I took a GV job that paid $85k. I was losing my CA job (and FO job, too) at TWA. I guess I should have gone bankrupt and lost my house, car and pulled my kid out of her school just so you guys can sleep well at night.

The idea is to get Skybus people up to where they should be--making as much money as they can. If you continue to sling $h!t at them, they will circle the wagons and NEVER unionize or push for better pay like JB did.

The goal we should be pursuing is to eliminate opportunities for management to take advantage of desperate pilots. You will never prevent startups from hiring people to fly big airplanes for low pay. But you can keep it from being permanent.

I venture to say that most of the $65k CA's didn't get into aviation yesterday. They got F'ed by ALPA, by mangement, by the bankruptcy courts, etc. They have most likely paid their dues and have nothing to show for it. The pilot group (as a whole) abandonned them, so they have no reason to give a crap what we think.

Talk to them on the jumpseat. Let them know it's THEIR management we have a problem with and that we're willing to help them get organized and bring them up to where they should be. TC

One of the most honest posts I've read in a long time! Well said. Some of these hypocritical (edit) keep trying to act as if they would rather go to Burger King and make 7.50 and hour then take a temporary 65K a year job.

Mod Input: The T.O.S. of flight info specifically state that using creative spelling for curse words in prohibited. Do you think we just put the censors in because we have nothing better to do with our time?

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most honest posts I've read in a long time! Well said. Some of these hypocritical as*holes keep trying to act as if they would rather go to Burger King and make 7.50 and hour then take a temporary 65K a year job.

What would be your opinion of someone, though, who left a captain slot at a regional or perhaps was a pilot for a fractional who went to Skybus? Those guys weren't faced with a "7.50 and hour" job".

And out of curiosity, Flybet3, are you a Skybus pilot? No flames intended, just asking a question.

What would be your opinion of someone, though, who left a captain slot at a regional or perhaps was a pilot for a fractional who went to Skybus? Those guys weren't faced with a "7.50 and hour" job".

And out of curiosity, Flybet3, are you a Skybus pilot? No flames intended, just asking a question.

To answer your first question bud...
What do I think about someone who flew for a fractional/regional and went to skybus? Well, this is my point of view....Have you ever heard the saying "There are always two sides of the story"? Before I start judging someone and start accusing him of being a scab or whatever, I would like to hear as to why he left a maybe better paying job? wether he/she did it for all the "right" reasons or not he/she made his decision. It'll catch up to him/her if he/she made the wrong decision.
Yeah there are some people that buy their jobs, or wh*re them selfs to get ahead, that's pretty much at every profession. Only bit**ing and complaining will not solve the problem, or not to mention being a di**. What other companies do (Skybus, GoJets, Virgin America) shouldn't matter to us, that's them. We have to fight to keep OUR employers in check, and keep them from trying to lower the bar even more! Trying to fix the whole airline industry is like trying to change everyone's human nature. It's like this, why try to fix your neighbor's family and bad habits when you have to keep your family in check and keep your bad habits in check.
We need to take care of OUR jobs, and if our management tries to pull something WE (co-workers at my company) have to fight for what's best for us. American pilots need to take care of American pilots, United pilots need to take care of United pilots, Eagle pilots need to take care of Eagle pilots...and so on and so forth. Everyone needs to stop blaming Skybus pilots, or skybus itself for OUR management's bull**it and OUR pilot groups slack!

Now to answer your second question..................(drumroll)...................
NO, I am noooooo were near a Skybus pilot. Dont plan to, and will never be. I dont want to move my family out of my home (texas) to relocate somewhere that's not home, and well, the salary isnt that great either ;)
But like I said, just because I have my reasons for not going to skybus, or gojets it doesnt mean I'm gonna start denying anyone that works there jumpseat. Their employment doesnt affect me, and if it does at some point b/c my management screwes me....well then that means my company sucked after all and it doesnt do me any good work for them. But sooooo far so Good. So there ya go brotha :beer: Salud!

To answer your first question bud...
What do I think about someone who flew for a fractional/regional and went to skybus? Well, this is my point of view....Have you ever heard the saying "There are always two sides of the story"? Before I start judging someone and start accusing him of being a scab or whatever, I would like to hear as to why he left a maybe better paying job? wether he/she did it for all the "right" reasons or not he/she made his decision. It'll catch up to him/her if he/she made the wrong decision.
Yeah there are some people that buy their jobs, or wh*re them selfs to get ahead, that's pretty much at every profession. Only bit**ing and complaining will not solve the problem, or not to mention being a di**. What other companies do (Skybus, GoJets, Virgin America) shouldn't matter to us, that's them. We have to fight to keep OUR employers in check, and keep them from trying to lower the bar even more! Trying to fix the whole airline industry is like trying to change everyone's human nature. It's like this, why try to fix your neighbor's family and bad habits when you have to keep your family in check and keep your bad habits in check.
We need to take care of OUR jobs, and if our management tries to pull something WE (co-workers at my company) have to fight for what's best for us. American pilots need to take care of American pilots, United pilots need to take care of United pilots, Eagle pilots need to take care of Eagle pilots...and so on and so forth. Everyone needs to stop blaming Skybus pilots, or skybus itself for OUR management's bull**it and OUR pilot groups slack!

Now to answer your second question..................(drumroll)...................
NO, I am noooooo were near a Skybus pilot. Dont plan to, and will never be. I dont want to move my family out of my home (texas) to relocate somewhere that's not home, and well, the salary isnt that great either ;)
But like I said, just because I have my reasons for not going to skybus, or gojets it doesnt mean I'm gonna start denying anyone that works there jumpseat. Their employment doesnt affect me, and if it does at some point b/c my management screwes me....well then that means my company sucked after all and it doesnt do me any good work for them. But sooooo far so Good. So there ya go brotha :beer: Salud!

Great post. Careful dude, mods are lurking in the shadows

What other companies do (Skybus, GoJets, Virgin America) shouldn't matter to us, that's them. We have to fight to keep OUR employers in check, and keep them from trying to lower the bar even more!

Dont you think that YOUR employer will have to compete with THESE payscales. You may not think it effects you, but you might be in for a rude awakening.

Dont you think that YOUR employer will have to compete with THESE payscales. You may not think it effects you, but you might be in for a rude awakening.

Compete with these payscales? I work for a regional, not much more to compete with

You mentioned GoJet. Arent they a regional? And dont you think your current and future payrates are effected by GoJets?

Well in my long post you'll find the answer to your typical question. It's amazing how people read only what they want to read :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back