The silence is deafening!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

furlodpilot

Its been a week and a half now since it was revelaed there would be a Jan. 12th SWA class. Since then, about 5 fellow poolies have revealed the great news that they have been in fact contacted by LL. It appears that the pool accuracy factor is right on, so where are the remaining registered poolies who have gotten the Christmas gift? i.e the call. I know the CP calls don't go out till Dec. 8th, but I guess its a combination of my curiosity or just sheer anticipation that the pool may finally be getting drained (current poolie#47) that has me making this post.
Once again, congrats to those who have received the call and are on their way to the best job in aviation today. And to those who have received the call and haven't revealed it to the forum, share the joy!! I am sure there are others besides myself who are bubbling with anticipation as the time draws closer to being plucked out the pool and would like to know where they stand.
On a side note, has anyone heard of rumors of uninterrupted classes after the Jan 12th class, or is it still rumored that February will be a month off for the training department? Any insight would be appreciated.

Mailman,

Just get our packages here in time for Christmas. You have a job to do. We have one to look forward to.

Everyone is entitled to be excited about their new job. So cut 'em some slack.

Coopdog,

Im not really sure how to respond to your post except to tell you that your comments (just deliver my packages by Christmas) got under my skin... as if you can just dismiss us "freightdawgs" as insugnificant. I respect everyone in this industry and Id expect you to do the same (especially since it appears from your profile that you dont have a senority number yet)

I get the felling on this messege board sometimes, (refer to the previous post) that there are alot of people out there that believe us "freightdawgs" are some fly by night outfit that makes lower than industry standard wages and have no type of retirment or work rules. In case no one is paying attention, here is a glimps of what I do, I average 100 to 150 flight hours a year, Garenteed 75 hours of pay, (13) times a year, its great, I get paid very nicely and dont have to actually wiggle the sticks alot to get it. A fund and B fund, 401K plan and Stocks purchases at a discount. If you want the BEST job stability in the airline industry, industry leading pay, benifits and well (to keep it real), "not always the best but decent" work rules, freight is where its at. Sure Freight its not for everyone, but in the tradition of keeping it real, neither might be say 5-7 legs a day, 3-5 days a week, for the next 20 years.

Sorry to go off, just feel we "dawgs" need to get a little respect sometimes... Fly safe all...

Amen Bigbrown,
Now lets give a big thanks to the real freightdawgs, the folks who fly all the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** when everyone else is sleeping with no contracts and no big pay and no a fund and no b fund and no rules at all. Folks that carry haz-mat that ups and fedex dont know exists.
OG of faternal order of sleepless nights

but in the tradition of keeping it real, neither might be say 5-7 legs a day, 3-5 days a week, for the next 20 years.

Amen. I flew em once and will Greyhound it before I will ever fly them again. Nothing more than a "glorified" bus in the air. No swa for I.

3 5 0

I feel I gotta keep it going here.
I couldnt agree with you more BIGBROWN and Mailman.
I'd be curious to know what percentage of pilots would take an SWA job offer over a UA, AA, DA, NWA, US, CO, job offer prior to 9/11? Except for Delta and Northwest who havent accepted concessions YET, and Continental who was at the bottom of the payscales of the big 6 I've just mentioned before all the contract cuts, the others have taken huge concessions in pay and QOL. Why? Because they can't compete with the LCC's operating under their old contracts.

While the LCC's have expanded considerably during the worst time in the industrys history, the big 6 have contracted. The LCC's have taken much of the passenger traffic from the legacy carriers. Passenger traffic that was formerly taken care of by the legacy carriers which provided a very lucrative career for a professional aviator. There is only a finite amount of passenger traffic, and the more the LCC's expand the less of it there is for the legacy carriers. So we will never see the likes of contracts like UA, US had and Delta has (for the time being) if they must compete with the LCC's that come nowhere close to what the big 6 offered 2+ years ago.

Not only that but the legacy carriers will not be able to grow as they once did, creating even less oppurtunity with them in the future. I read on the regional message board all the bickering about the race to the bottom. And the contempt that some have for Mesa and the like....well whats really the difference here with the JB's and SWA's? They are growing at the expense of legacy carriers that once afforded a pilot a wonderful lifestyle and QOL.

Amen BIGBROWNDC8.

GET A LIFE FOLKS!!!

"Freight Dogs", "Glorified Bus Drivers"........Aren't we all just pilots trying to make a living and take care of our families?

I'm glad that not everyone on this forum wants to fly for the same company, and that those enjoying a nice spot on someones seniority list are proud of their company and their working conditions. Funny how we like to get pumped up with pride and go on about how great "our" job is. And you know, that's the way it should be, if you're fortunate.

Cheers to those that are where they want to be, and good luck to those that are still trying.

Thanks for listening.

CHILDREN!

I have said it here as much as I say it at home to my daughters: CHILDREN! Don't make me pull this computer over!

I think all of you are being overly sensitive.

furlodpilot was just stating an opinion. Opinion's can't be wrong.

Coopdog was not trying to be mean or disrespectful (My opinion, which can't be wrong remember). I thought his comment was funny, and I do have the utmost respect for the UPS and Fedex drivers out there. I spent a great deal of the last 4 years at UPS doing 757 training (AF Contract training) and they are OUTSTANDING! We all need to lighten up A LOT and quit looking for a fight. Juan2go has it right. Pride is running your mouths to much (IMHO).

I'm sorry if my opinions stated above have hurt any of your overly sensitive feelings.

AF (ex)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back