• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Regional War

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me expand a bit on the Italians’ role in all this.

Late in the war, the Italians decide to join in with the invasion of Russia. Their real motivation is that they hear there might be some land in Czechoslovakia coming available soon, and they don’t want the Russians to have it. And if they can’t get land in Czechoslovakia, they’ll settle for just taking some of Russia. They figure they can live with Canada-type weather conditions for a while, and maybe with global warming and all, it’ll get a whole lot warmer there real soon. (That’s funny—they never wanted to live in Russia before!) Of course too bad for the Italians, it seems the Russians are much more accustomed to living in the bitter cold, and so the Italians are predictably kicked out of Russia. (But Czechoslovakia is still up for grabs, although we all know who ends up controlling that country).

Let’s just hope some jacka$$ Italian General doesn’t get on here and tell us all how the Italian people really own all the land in Europe anyway, and that the only reason we live in Moscow is because he lets us live in Moscow. He’ll probably tell us that if we don’t like the weather in Russia, we should just move to the Italian Riviera (even though he would now love to send his friends to confiscate your house in Russia). After all, he spent some time growing up in the Ukraine, and he just hopped on a train to Italy from there. Of course that was when trains were running between Eastern Europe and Italy every hour on the hour. (Okay, okay… whenever the Italian government felt like operating the trains. I know Italian train service isn’t predictable. But there were a lot of trains at the time).

Also, what this General won’t tell you is that, a few years back while he and his friends were drunk at a party, they were playing with some dynamite, and they accidentally blew up all the train lines going into Italy. (This was back when some Russians and Poles were toying with the idea of having their countries fully annexed by Italy, an idea that Russians and Poles loved but no government ever endorsed). Of course the Italian government provided the dynamite, and were trying to figure out how they could stop all the immigration anyway as it was getting really expensive, so they were overjoyed at the General’s foolishness.

So, the General will probably tell you that since you can’t get to Italy, he hears that there’s some real estate available in the Hawaiian Islands. Of course, you have to know a sponsor who lives there to help you with the paperwork, and oh yeah, every boat to the islands has been overbooked with thousands of other Europeans trying to immigrate for years. Good luck!

Does that mean I am going to have start strapping explosives to my chest??? Cause I'd rather not!

Pinnacle = Ireland. Too poor to really do much. They believe in standing up for what’s right, but have a hard time being taking seriously. It's OK though, they're kind in there own world anyway. They're hard workers, and if they catch a Nazi floating down by parachute, they'll bash his skull it with a shovel.

Great Lakes = Denmark. So small, most forgot they were there anyway. Just got marched over, occupied and oppressed with little resistance. A very old and unique country with many of the European citizens having history with the nation. Seems that the rest of Europe was forming new competitive battle plans, Denmark was still following the same strategy what worked for so long.

Last edited:
millhouse21 said:
Does that mean I am going to have start strapping explosives to my chest??? Cause I'd rather not!

Okay, just for your sake I'll say I was talking about the Palestine of 1917-1922. That way you get to be Jordanian now, and don't have to blow yourself up.

(That whole mess in that part of the world gets really complicated. There's an excellent article at http://www.contenderministries.org/articles/israelhistory.php
that explains the whole thing very briefly and neatly).

Sticky said:
Pinnacle = Ireland. Too poor to really do much. They believe in standing up for what’s right, but have a hard time being taking seriously. It's OK though, they're kind of in their own world anyway. They're hard workers, and if they catch a Nazi floating down by parachute, they'll bash his skull in with a shovel.

Classic!

Come on everyone, you can think of some more of these!

My two cents:

Gulfstream is Hungary: Not a superpower but they paint their planes like one (Continental) and march around in acting like an airline while their employees make no money and get no glory even though they are slogging it out in the trenches with everyone else (Hungarians at Staligrad). They even wear German uniforms (airline codeshare) and have to pay for the privlidge to do so (PFT).

I-Air is Czechoslovakia. League of Nations (United) dumped them, they tried to make it on their own, got swollowed up by the Nazi's, now their pilots are spread all over Europe.

Measba is Belgium: Just got rolled over by Nazis, dumped by the League (Northwest), and had lots of battles fought on their soil with no say in their future (Northwest bankruptcy).

Generalee speaking, I think you're nuts.

JustaNumber said:
Let me expand a bit on the Italians’ role in all this.

Late in the war, the Italians decide to join in with the invasion of Russia. Their real motivation is that they hear there might be some land in Czechoslovakia coming available soon, and they don’t want the Russians to have it. And if they can’t get land in Czechoslovakia, they’ll settle for just taking some of Russia. They figure they can live with Canada-type weather conditions for a while, and maybe with global warming and all, it’ll get a whole lot warmer there real soon. (That’s funny—they never wanted to live in Russia before!) Of course too bad for the Italians, it seems the Russians are much more accustomed to living in the bitter cold, and so the Italians are predictably kicked out of Russia. (But Czechoslovakia is still up for grabs, although we all know who ends up controlling that country).

Let’s just hope some jacka$$ Italian General doesn’t get on here and tell us all how the Italian people really own all the land in Europe anyway, and that the only reason we live in Moscow is because he lets us live in Moscow. He’ll probably tell us that if we don’t like the weather in Russia, we should just move to the Italian Riviera (even though he would now love to send his friends to confiscate your house in Russia). After all, he spent some time growing up in the Ukraine, and he just hopped on a train to Italy from there. Of course that was when trains were running between Eastern Europe and Italy every hour on the hour. (Okay, okay… whenever the Italian government felt like operating the trains. I know Italian train service isn’t predictable. But there were a lot of trains at the time).

Also, what this General won’t tell you is that, a few years back while he and his friends were drunk at a party, they were playing with some dynamite, and they accidentally blew up all the train lines going into Italy. (This was back when some Russians and Poles were toying with the idea of having their countries fully annexed by Italy, an idea that Russians and Poles loved but no government ever endorsed). Of course the Italian government provided the dynamite, and were trying to figure out how they could stop all the immigration anyway as it was getting really expensive, so they were overjoyed at the General’s foolishness.

So, the General will probably tell you that since you can’t get to Italy, he hears that there’s some real estate available in the Hawaiian Islands. Of course, you have to know a sponsor who lives there to help you with the paperwork, and oh yeah, every boat to the islands has been overbooked with thousands of other Europeans trying to immigrate for years. Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back