The Regional War

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
Has anyone noticed that it's become any American tradition to be offended at just about anything, no matter how harmless it is? Grow up and take it like a man. :rolleyes:

Hey-

As an American, I'm offended by those comments.

HA!

The ACLU and Lawyers suck. They are the root of all that is bad in the U.S. today.

So,
Does that make AWAC the US, knocked down at the beginning, ready to rise up and smite Germany (Mesa) by being awarded most of their USAir flying, and (hopefully) winning the war by winning back the original, pre-concessionary contract (which kicks ass on any other regional contract out there)?

And where does that leave Eagle, TSA, RAH, etc.

Just wondering.

Rekks

Not trying to flame, I honestly lke the analogy, very creative and not at all innaccurate.

SouthWest=USA

Treat the people right and give them some freedom and see all the good that flows forth!

RJDC=Manhattan Project Building the secret weapon to thwart the evil empire of Herndon

my 2 cents

Probably one of the best posts I've seen and please expand the story if you have time. Anyone who argues against free speech including this thread should be gassed.

Good post.

This industry is going down the toilet. That is why I work for hours every day trying to buid a better income outside of aviation so I can leave when the bottom falls out.

Comair not standing up did not help.

Hambone said:
... Anyone who argues against free speech including this thread should be gassed.
Anyone who thinks guns should be legal should be shot.

I'm offended that so many are offended by my post, dammitall!

Seriously, I did consider that Southwest = the U.S. If you think about it, so many in Europe would have given anything to get out of that rotten war zone to live in the prosperous U.S. Sure, the people work hard here, but they are treated well and the government is fair. The U.S. does become the world's only remaining superpower. But alas, immigration limitations will relegate most Europeans to live out their lives in their current nation, contrary to their original plans.

How about this? Jetblue = Canada. Sure, it sounds good from the depths of Nazi Germany, but when you get there, you realize, "this kind of sucks, eh?"

(Insert politically correct disclaimer here) No offense to Canadians!

sflax said:
Also, the motivation as to why many people take certian jobs does not allow for you or anyone else to say that those reasons are wrong.

As I said in my disclaimer, I might have acted the same way as many of the participants in WWII if I had been there, and by extension, I can understand why so many people in today's airline industry act the way they do.

My main point was to provide an interesting--if somewhat controversial--metaphor to start a halfway intelligent dialogue about the ramifications of our actions in a larger context. I hope you can understand this.

Good luck to us all!

av8er2 said:
Good post.

This industry is going down the toilet. That is why I work for hours every day trying to buid a better income outside of aviation so I can leave when the bottom falls out.

Comair not standing up did not help.

You are sad. How can you say comair did not stand up.
For the past four years we have been the only ones standing. Every new contract that came along and undercut us did so using the "you signed pre 911, the economy is not the same now as it was when you signed your contract" excuse.
Well our BS agreement was made in BK, after Delta removed thirty airframes from our company. That is more pressure than you have ever felt. I voted NO on this deal, I can understand why people voted YES, they are under different pressure than me. I don't stand here and blame them for my loss (income), for some reason you do though. You should try pionting the finger where it belongs (ATL).

You need to get some fact before you make blustering remarks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back