• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real threat to NJA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CE750 - I believe that you are right. I'll just sit it out and let those of who care vote and I'm just gonna concentrate on movin on. Pass or not pass it just ain't worth it for me.

DukeofDub,

I am convinced that you are beyond convincing. You obviously made up your mind for your own reasons. Fine.

Please understand that the TA is going to be voted down. The new slate will be voted in, and yes, it will be sometime before we get a new TA.

You will not get the bonus check even if you vote yes, as the vast majority will be voting no. So YOU will be with this current contract for awhile longer, buddy.

You must also remember that on Feb. 1st, 2005, 91k begins. If a new TA is not in effect, the company will be in quite a bind - despite what the MEC or Okey say. (Why do you think there's a 1400 availabilty on your last day off in the TA?) So it is in the company's interest to have something by Feb.1, period.

You must understand that your YES vote is a wasted ballot. The split will be 70/30 or better. Rather than throwing a vote away and giving the company more ammunition for the next TA, you should vote NO to give us more muscle in the upcoming negotiations.

You can PM if you wish to discuss it further. For the rest of you at NJA, you can read my EJAPILOTS post on the MSP road show - I was the one who 'shook' things up a bit for the MEC ;)

Duke of Dub,

Most people don't realize that trying to work within a system is usually the best way, rather than engaging in seemingly worthy, but radical and even illegal versions of self-help.

I have seen people posting some unbelievable crap on company pagers that would allow themselves grounds for dismissal. They are not elected officials and have no rights of protection under any of the NLRA or RLA laws.

Enter into the fray an individual that uses FBO computers as a launching pad for his own media campaigns and the result could be a civil lawsuit against the Teamsters that could very well bankrupt the entire national union, not to mention penalties levied by the NMB.

The union has no control. They have not controlled any of their own communications. Now we have spouses that don't pay dues logging on to union message boards and hijacking the voting process. I for one think the entire process has already been corrupted by these illegitimate actions.

I have served as an ALPA rep. before, never have I seen the basic lack of professionalism in union negotiations as here at NJA. The lack of communication, leadership, ability and savvy has left me to believe we have all paid over $600 a year for a bad bill of goods. I hear the lawyer has made over a million on it already!

Guys! We all get to vote. I think it will go down in flames, I don't think it has any chance in hell of passing, but, don't harrass me in front of passengers about my voting decisions. That's why it's called a secret ballot!

Last edited:
NetJets TA

For what it's worth - every NJA pilot I've talked to on the road has said that they are going to vote "Yes" on the TA. Additionally, I just spoke to a Boeing driver (RS) who was adamant about voting yes, and two Falcon 2000 pilots (that I didn't know previously) who had the TA with them that said they were voting "Yes." The Falcon guys said that there were about 50 NetJet pilots who were actively spreading disinformation about the TA in order to get the uninformed to vote "No."

GEXDriver said:
For what it's worth - every NJA pilot I've talked to on the road has said that they are going to vote "Yes" on the TA. Additionally, I just spoke to a Boeing driver (RS) who was adamant about voting yes, and two Falcon 2000 pilots (that I didn't know previously) who had the TA with them that said they were voting "Yes." The Falcon guys said that there were about 50 NetJet pilots who were actively spreading disinformation about the TA in order to get the uninformed to vote "No."
Funny. Every single NJA pilot I have spoken with has said they are going to vote "no".

That's a good one!!! Keep them comming gexpilot. Or you could crawl under your bridge and scare the next passer by!

For those in Rio Linda, I do believe I smell a TROLL

Hey GEXDriver, You're full of it. Talk about misinformation! Certainly the Falcon 2000 and BBJ pilots represent the average NJA pilot! The reality is the vast majority of NJA guys have been here less than 5 years, making none of them Falcon or BBJ guys (sans a few F/Os). Those senior guys have no say in this vote. They live in Columbus and suffer the 'abuse wife syndrome'.

Regardless, MOST of them are a bunch of losers who couldn't get jobs at the airlines prior to 9/11. Their lack of judgement in staying here prior to 9/11 with so many other companies hiring is only exceeded by their stupidity, ignorance, and lack of self worth in voting YES for this POS.

Consider the source, dip$hit. You are a moron if you follow their lead, buddy.

Oh yeh, there's a lot more than 50 pilots out there misinforming us. Try 900+, the number of 284 separation petitions already sent!

Exchanging information---

All the wives I talk to, except 2 scared ones, report on our SEPARATE wives board that their husbands are definitely voting NO, and that the DVD is PATHETIC evidence that the company KNOWS the TA is going DOWN! The VAST MAJORITY of the pilots know that the TA is flawed from cover to cover, in every issue. The ONLY 2 subgroups that will be voting for it are the MOST SELFISH and the MOST FEARFUL----neither worth bragging about!

Question: If the TA is such a good contract, why are they taking so long to send out the printed copies? Why spend so much money pushing it so hard?

Good products always speak for themselves. Consumers look for value--be it a house, a car, or a contract. This model offers very little value , and that's why the average "customer" isn't buying it!

Alright...you remember those meetings at Parents/Teachers where each parent was allowed to have three minutes, then told to stop?

It's time to stop!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back