The real threat to NJA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Netjets Wife,
Keep up the good work. My wife is one of the "faithfull" on your board at Yahoo.

King Tut,
Stong Union is made up of it's members. WE ARE stong union. The grassroots movement Netjets wife is talking about is taking hold throughout the ranks of pilots and wives alike. For more info, check out www.strongunion.org.

I hope we win...

But I doubt it. If you vote down the agreement, what do you think will happen? The mediators have said that they thought it was a fair deal, the MEC who was part of the bargaining group thought it was a fair deal. Vote it down and wait another year before barganing starts again, and another six months to a year beafore another TA? I say vote yes, take the bonus and move on.

Standing Up For What Is Right

I have NO DOUBTS that we will win. Aren't you listening ? Don't you hear those shouts of NO? Pilots and their wives are fed up! They've had it! This TA was the slap in the face that woke us up from our apathetic stupor. We had been sleeping walking for 3 years, blindly following the spineless MEC that sold us out. But not any more. We have REAL LEADERS now and the troops have rallied. The wives are organizing, stepping up, and speaking out. We come from all different air-frames and time-frames--Cpts And FOs wives', alike. I think that all the doom and gloom predictions are just THAT --pessimistic guessing--to intimidate us. Turning down the first offer is completely NORMAL, and totally within our rights. Why should we be punished for that? I don't buy it. They're bluffing! It is in the company's interest to do so. Though why in the world the MEC fell for it is beyond me. Incompetence and selfishness, goes a long way toward explaining it though. You CANNOT compare, or base a time frame on what the losing team did. No one knows what will happen when we vote this rag down by a HUGE margin and go back to the table in a position of strength, with the backing of a strong union. Notice I did not use caps or make it one word. I am referring to US --the overworked, underpaid pilots and their stressed out, penny-pinching wives. We are taking a stand!

Duke, you have a choice--lead, or follow, or get out of the way. In your place, I'd throw my lot in with the majority, fighting for what is right. You have little to lose and much to gain! Should you choose to side with those that are voting to hurt families (and yes I do mean that), then be forewarned that there will be such a backlash against those pilots that you will have no choice but to move on, as you will be treated like a traitor. The TA is insulting and regressive, I have NO idea why you'd even consider it. Just selfish, I guess. Please tell me that I'm wrong and that you are going to do the right thing.

You may win, but if you do everyone will lose

You may win, but if you do everyone will lose. I understand that some of the concepts are difficult for many to understand, just like they were at USAIR and Eastern, etc, and you may vote down the agreement and consider yourself the winner, but we will lose in the long run. I just think it is a simple choice, vote yes and if you don't like the pay, move on. Or stay and have a job that is not bad, good benefits and a quality of life that is better than many of my friends who don't fly in the fractional business.

Unfortunately your radical thoughts about pressuring me or others to vote a specific way and what may happen if you don't like the way the vote goes, convinces me that you should leave now, because you will never be satisfied.

The mediators have said that they thought it was a fair deal,
They have? Your statement speaks volumes. First of all, there was only one mediator. Secondly, how do you know what the mediator said? Were you there? Did he tell you? It's what the MEC told you... what else did the MEC tell you? Didn't they call it the "industry leading contract"? Didn't they also say the contract would be done YEARS ago? How can you trust anything they say? So far, their track record stinks.

Vote it down and wait another year before barganing starts again, and another six months to a year beafore another TA?
How do you know it will take another year? What crystal ball are you looking at?

I say vote yes, take the bonus and move on
Again, your true colors are revealed. Do you plan on leaving Netjets, and you just want the "signing bonus?" If not, what are you going to do in the next contract.. just "take the money and run?" Guess what... if you keep up that strategy it won't be long before there aint no money to take!

I understand that some of the concepts are difficult for many to understand, just like they were at USAIR and Eastern,
USAir and Eastern? Did voting down a TA at Eastern allow Lorenzo to close the doors forever? Did a TA hurt USair's profits?

quality of life that is better than many of my friends who don't fly in the fractional business.
Yes, but we ARE in the fractional business, so comparing us to your friends is irrelevant.

Unfortunately your radical thoughts about pressuring me or others to vote a specific way and what may happen if you don't like the way the vote goes, convinces me that you should leave now, because you will never be satisfied
I'm not sure why this part of your post is in a different type setting. If this is you saying that you don't want to talk to anyone about your YES vote, all I have to say is that I'm not surprised. All the YES voters I have come across have a few things in common.
1. They are scared to say it.
2. They are scared of losing their jobs.
3. They are scared of how long it might take to do another TA.
4. They are scared of what management might do if we vote it down.
5. They are scared of a strike.
6. They are scared to talk to anyone about their YES vote, unless it is with another YES voter.
7. They get emotional if they are pinned down by a NO voter. I think they get emotional because deep inside, they know they are selling out.

dukeofdub you are a f***ing IDIOT ! A WEAK WHINEY LOSER !

Wait...I'm right, YOU ARE ACTUALLY ONE OF OUR MEC MEMBERS AND YOU SUCK !!!!!

Dear Duke,

What will gain if we vote this TA down? Where do I start?

1. self respect
2. ability to look in the mirror
3. a much better deal with Strongunion.
4. a MEC that will help the company see things our (and your) way.
5. a better life for my wife, son, and daughter.
6. Better work rules.
7. more money.
8. 7/7 forever.
9. ability to plan for the future.
10. The remainder of the 75K they owe me. Ill bet they owe you much more than that!

Do I need to go on?

Or you can vote yes, screw us all and wait 3 years to start this process over again. I know you'll make the right decision.

Vote no.

Yo Duke!

I don't know what u r smoking, but man, lay off of it for a while. If you are in it for the long haul, then why would u vote yes? Do u realize that scope in this TA is VERY WEAK? Scope keeps NJA from forming another compay like NJI and taking owners away, but it doesn't keep BH from doing this. Are you willing to trust a company who has done nothing but lie to us, to not try and bust this union? If we allow this to happen, we could be out of a job in the future. Don't think so? Ask Griz (Griz, if I miss quote you or have my info wrong from your trip to the IAD joke show, please correct me), he heard what the scope messiah had to say. I believe Mr. Wilder and Mr. Wentz both said that the scope TA has loop holes and is weak.

Why, why, why, would you vote yes based on this fact alone? R u here for the long run? Or r u just here for the "money and run"? If you are here for the haul, vote no. If you are a short timer, do us a favor and don't vote at all if you can't vote no.

Some people are just a lost cause. You seem to have your mind made up. Did you read the TA? Do you not see the regression in it? I guess not. Just try to be better educated before you vote.

If it passes (I seriously doubt is does), thank you for voting yes and putting our entire membership in jeopardy of losing their jobs.

Rather than rip into this guy, educate him. Pilots who seem to be leaning to YES are leaning that way out of fear. The fear of the unknown. Mediator thoughts, Company finances, BB letters, roadshows and the like. All fear tactics. What if? What about? Why would the MEC be so hell bent on selling this with fear rather than selling it on it's own merits? I'm baffled.

My only fear would be that things will turn around and we will be stuck with this POS for a definite 3 years, most likely longer if these negotiations were any indicator.

Latest resources

Back