Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real reason for the high cost of fuel.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that fuel is where it is today because of the Bush administration? All of his closest associates are ex-oil guys. Even he is an ex-oil guy. It seems to me that A LOT of people are probably making A LOT of money on these prices, and most of them are probably friends and associates of Bush.

Not quite as easy to swallow as they 'Elvis caused the price of fuel to go up' theory.
Elvis might want to have a little fun at our expense, from beyond the grave.
A president with low approval ratings would KILL to lower fuel prices and get credit for it.

furloughfodder said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that fuel is where it is today because of the Bush administration?

No way, dude, it's the greys. Don't you ever listen to Coast to Coast on the ADF?

The high cost of fuel does not help the economy, why would ANY administration help in raising fuel prices? If you want one good reason why prices are so high look at all the refineries that are sitting idle or shut down. I'm not sure, but I believe that some of that is due to the EPA. Another reason is the different fuel grades that are made for different areas as mandated by the EPA. Not to mention all the existing oil wells that aren't being utilized due to "envorimental concerns", or the fields that aren't being drilled for the same reason.

Here is my theory. It's just that. A theory. We have hybrids and non-petroleum cars are on their way in. Our beloved current cars are on there way out at some point in the future. We all know it. We don't want to believe it, but we know it. The oil barons from all over the world know this and see their future on oil going down unless they start now to stock pile their financial security. Smart for them. Bad for those of us that weren't so lucky to be born in an oil family legacy. There's my theory. I just hope the price of beer doesn't go up exponentially as oil has. MMMMM beer.

Beer is a LOT more expensive per gallon than gas is. For that matter bottled water is too.

AIR2MUD said:
No way, dude, it's the greys. Don't you ever listen to Coast to Coast on the ADF?

I used to listen to Coast 2 Coast all the time when I was up that late. Used to scare me so bad I'd run out of my car into the house when I got home because I thought some flesh eating alien was in the backseat.

atrdriver said:
The high cost of fuel does not help the economy, why would ANY administration help in raising fuel prices?

Could it be that the Bush Administration has more concern for W's oil-rich family and his oil-rich cronies than for the betterment of the nation? Naw, that couldn't be it.

....cough...Halliburton...

Nope. These big-time politicians are WAYYYY more concerned about their ego than their pocketbook.
Lookin' for the fantastic legacy in the history books.

CA1900 said:
Could it be that the Bush Administration has more concern for W's oil-rich family and his oil-rich cronies than for the betterment of the nation? Naw, that couldn't be it.

....cough...Halliburton...

Just like any other president in recent memory, Bush's family has quite enough money, and I don't really think that he needs to make more. If you really think that this administration is trying to wreck the economy to better themselves, then you need to send me some of the drugs that you're taking. A crappy economy hurts them as much or more than it hurts anyone else.

Latest resources

Back