• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The proper Jeppesen Approach Briefing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anybody have a link or information about material on how Jeppesen actually thinks an approach should be briefed?
I have to come up with something for a flight school, so it has to be good. Thanks

Thanks

I swear! You kids have it so easy. Do some damn research on your own instead of someone doing it for you.

How freaking hard is it to find how to brief an approach on the internet.

Whats next, paying for help on How to write a resume? Oh wait!

Idiots...

Just remember to have it done below 10K. Static environment below 10K as per the FARs.
...need some guidance...I don't look at the pay anymore...I didn't at your age either...and flown some places, and done stuff outside your limited experience...

I bet you guys are all so wonderfull to fly with..

"Why are you doing that??" well i guess you didn't read my mind good enough when you said you didn't have any questions.......

Just go by the books what is the big deal with a briefing lasting 15 or 30 seconds, especially if you have just flown for 8 hours over the ocean. It helps getting everybody in the picture of where you are what you want to do, who is going heads-up and heads-down.

It can make for a lot of stress in the cockpit if you expect an ILS and you hear from ATC that it's going to be a VOR with a circling when you're at 2000' and 5 miles from point of descent.

Does it hurt you so much to go through everything for a minute. At least then you're prepared for what the Pilot-flying wants to do.

Just make sure the PNF gets the frequencies tuned and ID'd. Someone nearly bought the farm in SAV a few months ago doing an ILS with the VOR tuned instead of the LOC. They "Finally" figured it out at about 400 agl over the shipyard with the tower screaming at them. Was a contract co-pilot on a c560. I personally would blame the cptain on that one.

Also, on the missed, I just brief the initial heding and altitude, also throw in "or ATC assigned" if in radar.

You'll sleep good tonight!:D
..I've interviewed many this month...2 said they recognized that pic...1 has yer resume...all 3 lines...was gonna post it but got a message, "Insufficient Data"...sleep good...it's a much smaller world than you think...and I'm sure you've not made Tokyo-DC nonstop...but ya may have...in yer mind...don't be such an idiot at the beginning of yer career...you'll never get anywhere...guys like me throw ya to the side instead of becoming yer mentor...and if yer "Yada Yada's" kid...yer in for a longer road...just fly the airplane...
that in itself will earn you respect and grandour for decades...and your passengers demand it with each ticket they buy...

Just make sure the PNF gets the frequencies tuned and ID'd. Someone nearly bought the farm in SAV a few months ago doing an ILS with the VOR tuned instead of the LOC. They "Finally" figured it out at about 400 agl over the shipyard with the tower screaming at them. Was a contract co-pilot on a c560. I personally would blame the cptain on that one.

Also, on the missed, I just brief the initial heding and altitude, also throw in "or ATC assigned" if in radar.
...whoa, that had to be scary!..cheers!

Latest resources

Back