The "program"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Four Kids

With four kids, there is no time to be a regional airline pilot. It is time to find a job to stay home a little more.

I would say go for Skywest CRJ FO or wait for the EMB-170 at CHQ if that becomes an option (not sure if it is official yet). Not sure about the upgrade time on the EMB-170 - it might be awhile before CHQ would even receive an aircraft....

Have you considered fractional flying? Check out Citationshares - 7 on/7 off and you can upgrade to Captain on the Bravo reasonably soon with pay in the mid $60s once you reach Captain. Not sure whether you would have to resign your seniority or not. Check it out online!

Good luck!

FO to CA upgrade

ual727fo,
you are correct. Under Mesa's new contract you can not bid FO to CA on a different platform.

To my understanding here is how it works, If you are a prop FO, you may bid Prop CA of same type or jet CA. If you are a jet FO, you may bid jet CA.

I do not work for the company but remember reading this when their contract came out and everyone complaining about it.

ual727fo said:
Actuality and perception are two different things though, so how accurate is it to assume my name will end up on a list somewhere flying for either of these airlines?

A list?! Man, you took the ball and ran with it on this one! Nobody at either Mesa or Skywest is on any kind of list (b/c of their employment there, at least - what they might have done in the past is 'listable'). At Freedom, if you went before the ALPA contract, you ARE on a list, guaranteed. Even flying a Freedom jet now forces you to wear the Freedom ID and wings, and for some guys, they don't reference a list, they just deny the badge outright, regardless of whether you supported Freedom or not.

Good news for those going to Mesa on the 'Freedom front'. Freedom is not currently planning any new-hire classes (Mesa is starting about 40 guys per week in GS right now, and Air Midwest is keeping their training dept. full too), and Mesa just took delivery of its first 900 and 2 former F8 -700's have been transfered over to the Mesa certificate from Freedom (UAX flying looks like it will be YV only, no F8). While -700's and -900's are both a bit too big for a regional IMO, at least they're not at Freedom or Republic (any other alter-ego contract end-arounds out there?)!

Latest resources

Back