The non-fence agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

luckydog

The average FJ pilot just saw the last of their career expectations flushed way today. Every SIC at FJ will remain an SIC forever (at least until furlough).

FO pilots are now allowed to fill vacancies at FJ in seniority order, no waiting. Half of the Red Label seats now go to FLOPS. The transfer pilots get to keep their FLOPs seniority. Not a single ruling in favor of Flexjet.

If the fence doesn't hold anything back, why call it a fence. How can the POC members even go to work after selling out their peers so badly?

The union mouth piece has the nerve to call the union strong and ask for unity... I am more and more amazed every day and how shameless and selfish the 1108 leaders and members are.

I believe you are misinterpreting the agreement on several points. In fact all of your points. A challenger 350 will be offered to Flexjet pilots first. If unfilled by Flexjet it'll go to options for bid by seniority. So there are indeed fences. The SLI agreement has not changed, the transfer pilots still have to decide which seniority number they are going to use. Currently they are losing their options seniority by staying at Flexjet (because they are on a leave of absence) but the fence agreement says they will now not be penalized by being a transfer pilot. But they still have to choose which one to take once a contract is in place.

Last edited:
I hope every flexjet first officer, who is not a tranfer, who was on property (at flex) at the time of the merger, is either upgraded into the Lear or Red Label (Cl30 or Legacy) as soon as possible.

I believe you are misinterpreting the agreement on several points. In fact all of your points. A challenger 350 will be offered to Flexjet pilots first. If unfilled by Flexjet it'll go to options for bid by seniority. So there are indeed fences. The SLI agreement has not changed, the transfer pilots still have to decide which seniority number they are going to use. Currently they are losing their options seniority by staying at Flexjet (because they are on a leave of absence) but the fence agreement says they will now not be penalized by being a transfer pilot. But they still have to choose which one to take once a contract is in place.

As you know, the CL350 isn't offered to anyone, it's given out by some crazy "team" scheme.

The part I'm not misinterpreting is any protection for FJ pilots after the CBA is done. Something that would protect the career expectations of the FJ pilots by limiting the ability of FLOPS pilots to cross over. This agreement is short term and ends when the new CBA takes effect.

Unless the CBA has additional fence language, most FJ pilots are as senior as they will ever get. This could create the situation where a senior FLOPS pilot fills a CL300 vacancy and sits at the bottom of the list waiting until the cba is done so he can select his FLOPS number and move over to PIC.

When the music stops, we're stuck with no where to go but down.

"This agreement is short term and ends when the new CBA takes effect."
Take your survey and let the negotiating committee know what you want. I filled out my survey today.

What exactly did you expect to happen, Lucky?
It is the Options pilots that are getting the Crappy end of this deal. Management is closing down all of our fleets with the exception of the Phoenom and migrating all of the Options customers to the Flexjet brand. So the Flexjet brand is growing, while the Options brand is shrinking mainly due to the migration of the Options owners to a Flexjet aircraft, as they sign new contracts. We are effectively one company now, yet it is our pilots that will get to warm a seat at the bottom of your seniority list until a JCBA. Do you really think it would be fair to let management kill off one side of the house and grow the other side, while permanently stuffing us to the bottom of your seniority list? Get real. The Options pilots have been eating a big $h!t sandwich ever since DAC bought Flexjet, and it looks like that will continue until a JCBA. However, it is worth it to have a JCBA, or we would all be begging for scraps at managements table, trying to get into the FOK club. Imagine the opposite was happening for you and then tell me the union is doing the wrong thing.

Also, remember that Flight Options and Flexjet are on different operating certificates. Unless, the company decides to spend the money on combining them, either pilot group will not be able to jump to fleets on the other side.

Also, remember that Flight Options and Flexjet are on different operating certificates. Unless, the company decides to spend the money on combining them, either pilot group will not be able to jump to fleets on the other side.

A transfer pilot would just have to complete company indoc training. Not really a big deal.

Latest resources

Back