• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tina Fey's Scar said:
Thats a load of horsesh*t

sensitive subject?

I can say from personal experience that there are good days and bad days. There a few really great guys that work the B hardstand at IAH, but there are more guys who couldn't care less. Overall, it has gotten better. I wasn't here when SkyWest first arrived, but i heard the stories. You can't honestly say that XJET rjs don't get more attention than the props. It's to be expected, company a/c will get priority. I'm not bitter, but i might get a little red-faced when the crew is ready 25 min prior to departure and the people and bags don't show up until 5 prior despite many calls to ops saying we're ready.

Last edited:
Deerkiller said:
sensitive subject?

I can say from personal experience that there are good days and bad days. There a few really great guys that work the B hardstand at IAH, but there are more guys who couldn't care less. Overall, it has gotten better. I wasn't here when SkyWest first arrived, but i heard the stories. You can't honestly say that XJET rjs don't get more attention than the props. It's to be expected, company a/c will get priority. I'm not bitter, but i might get a little red-faced when the crew is ready 25 min prior to departure and the people and bags don't show up until 5 prior despite many calls to ops saying we're ready.

That used to be the norm a lot in CAL hubs. Hardstand and expect to be in for a delay. CLE is a much better operation with our hardstands. When EWR used to have hardstands in the old location near the new concourse, delays were typical as we waited for the bus to deplane and waited for the bus to bring the new passengers.

I'm sure PIT, LGA, and BOS haven't given colgan crews any trouble at all. What a big suprise colgan will be in for in IAH. When we call in range in the northeast USair's typical responce is how soon will you be here and how many agents do you need? Then come the standard...Do you need a bug wash?, lav service? ice? wheelchair?, fuel load required?, and of course... we will have the GPU and jetway air ready to go. Sometimes it gets a little repetitive. If houston asks half of those on the in range call no one will care i doubt. Do you guys contract out the deicing at the smaller destinations or do the CAL rampers that just loaded you have to suit up and get in the truck and do that as well?

CLE145CA said:
When EWR used to have hardstands in the old location near the new concourse, delays were typical as we waited for the bus to deplane and waited for the bus to bring the new passengers.

What are you talking about? Back then we were always "5 early." :)

dh82dvr said:
hey melit you need to let it go.

You are right, but I can't help it. It took them 3 days to do an engine change and had SkyWest cover their flights. They have to use SkyWest oxygen and nitrogen because they don't have any. They used Skywest forklift to do their 3 day engine change, ran it out of propane and had the balls to leave it in the middle of the hangar. Every day they go to the SkyWest parts room to borrow stuff. When SkyWest shuts the doors in June they won't have anybody to hold their hand.

MELIT said:
You are right, but I can't help it. It took them 3 days to do an engine change and had SkyWest cover their flights. They have to use SkyWest oxygen and nitrogen because they don't have any. They used Skywest forklift to do their 3 day engine change, ran it out of propane and had the balls to leave it in the middle of the hangar. Every day they go to the SkyWest parts room to borrow stuff. When SkyWest shuts the doors in June they won't have anybody to hold their hand.

Why would SkyWest be helping out the guys who took their flying ?

TheBigH said:
Why would SkyWest be helping out the guys who took their flying ?

BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT CLEAN, DECENT COMPANIES DO, THEY HELP THE POOR BASTARDS THAT CAN'T GET IT TOGETHER. NEED ANOTHER SPARE AIRPLANE?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back