• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The New CALALPA!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious .. does Jay have enough sick time for his management position after his term?

Sorry just asking..

You people are unbelievable!! Pass on fare increases to consumers???? Restore full pay plus more??

The golden age of the airlines is gone!!! Fuel will continue to threaten the EXISTENCE of the airlines. You really think people are going to keep flying if airlines keep raising fares?? Especially when real incomes are eroding and EVERYDAY expenses like gas are climbing??

While I agree management at most airlines have done their fare share of injustices, I would rather have THIS JOB (airline job), making a bit less, than working in the REAL WORLD!!!

While management may have driven the airlines to the ground leading up to 2001, the pilots and labor in general are going to drive into the ground this time around.

It's a simply equation. If the amount that goes out is consistently more than comes in, a business will fail. Keep asking for money, it will only accelerate the demise of your carrier and put you out on the street to look for a real job!!!

Greed will lead to your demise!!!

You people are unbelievable!! Pass on fare increases to consumers???? Restore full pay plus more??

The golden age of the airlines is gone!!! Fuel will continue to threaten the EXISTENCE of the airlines. You really think people are going to keep flying if airlines keep raising fares?? Especially when real incomes are eroding and EVERYDAY expenses like gas are climbing??

While I agree management at most airlines have done their fare share of injustices, I would rather have THIS JOB (airline job), making a bit less, than working in the REAL WORLD!!!

While management may have driven the airlines to the ground leading up to 2001, the pilots and labor in general are going to drive into the ground this time around.

It's a simply equation. If the amount that goes out is consistently more than comes in, a business will fail. Keep asking for money, it will only accelerate the demise of your carrier and put you out on the street to look for a real job!!!

Thanks Larry

how's the view from down there...on your knees?

(flamebait is yummy)

Gee the head of Exxon Mobile made 40 billion dollars last year and his cost of raw materials just kept going up and up and up. Did he tell his employees they had to tighten their belts and do more with less?

Nope!

I see Frankie, CAL's former CEO, has made an appearance.

You have to be kidding me... Sounds like management..

No, are you kidding me. You sound like a freaking manager. Perfect for the next Airline CEO. Managements job is to minimize cost - and that means everywhere. Ceretain Managers boast about "RECORD PROFITS".... Where have you been. Why does my pay dwindle, managements gets larger, and so does the companys. My expenses have gone up, why shouldn't my pay as well at an absolute minimum that keeps up with inflation. Hmmm, gas, food, insurance, you name it, it's gone up. 30-40% in most cases - and over the past 5 years I've given back 30% of my figured pay. It has certainly been at my expense!!!!!! I'm Takin' it back!!!!

DO US ALL A FAVOR - DONT VOTE, DONT COMMENT, AND DONT RIDE OUR COAT TAILS WHEN "OUR" PAY RAISE IS REALIZED.

Do the math. It's always going to be cheaper to fly rather than drive.

And I would submit that part of the "new" economy is businesses passing on their costs to the consumer. It happens when you buy a gallon of milk; buying an airline ticket is no different.

Further, the demise of the profession is caused by idiots like yourself who think it's smart to accept less pay to do the same job (but with fewer tangible benefits). Those who actually have the guts to say, "no more blood from labor" have the opposite effect.

It looks like the Wall Street rally has some of the management ilk really concerned. You should be Mr. Tool because no one is buying the drama any longer spewing from Smith Street.

I do like the hypocrisy in your last sentence. Our 5 senior management people have taken almost $159 million in compensation while we have been working under concessionary contracts. Talk about greed.

Now back to your computer flight sim and pencil pushing.

Latest resources

Back