Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The most expensive magazine turns alarmist....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
The latest ALPA magazine highlights the forces of globalization...

IMHO, the fight has never been more real and urgent than now for US pilots flying US registered jets for US companies....

The maritime industry is an example to follow with flags of convenience, foreign ownership and foreign crews. Consider a B787 or A380 registered in one country, own by a corporate "citizen" of another country and operated by crews of another country. And the heavy mx is done in another country. What others have planned for labor in the US Air Line Industry (if it still exists) doesn't include paying wages consummate to an American standard of living.

What we have in our favor is National Security, CRAF and safety.

When will the pain of the status quo motivate you to take action? If you do participate, the Air Line Pilot career you save might be your own.

Last edited:
The latest ALPA magazine highlights the forces of globalization...

IMHO, the fight has never been more real and urgent than now for US pilots flying US registered jets for US companies....

The maritime industry is an example to follow with flags of convenience, foreign ownership and foreign crews. Consider a B787 or A380 registered in one country, own by a corporate "citizen" of another country and operated by crews of another country. And the heavy mx is done in another country. What others have planned for labor in the US Air Line Industry (if it still exists) doesn't include paying wages consummate to an American standard of living.

What we have in our favor is National Security, CRAF and safety.

When will the pain of the status quo motivate you to take action? If you do participate, the Air Line Pilot career you save might be your own.

Back the PAC?

Alpa

First let me say ALPA is not perfect...but...IMHO...If you're not ALPA you are part of the problem period. As airline pilots we have bigger issues to deal with than just what's going on with your particular company. Chances are you'll work for multiple companies anyway. ALPA is not perfect granted...but it is the only organization large enough to give airline pilots a real voice. Get with the program!

First let me say ALPA is not perfect...but...IMHO...If you're not ALPA you are part of the problem period. As airline pilots we have bigger issues to deal with than just what's going on with your particular company. Chances are you'll work for multiple companies anyway. ALPA is not perfect granted...but it is the only organization large enough to give airline pilots a real voice. Get with the program!

So I am part of the problem because ALPA chose to NOT represent my company because we were too small?

Much like the major airline pilots that were too good for small jets, ALPA shot itself in the foot by being too good to represent small airlines, and then has the audacity to blame those it chose to ignore.

That said, I think the topic of this thread is very important. Open Skies has hurt our industry. I think most of us feel that the government wants to take us towards Cabotage. Cabotage is essentially how the shipping and cruise line industry operate today. And, with the US in debt to so many nations, I think our government is more willing to give up the preotections of our industry in order to gain more support from our national debt holders. More important than national seniority, wage restoration, and subcontracted flying is the protection of the American pilot's right to fly American passengers in America, and to be the most convenient way for American passengers to reach a wide range of international destinations. American mechanics should maintain the aircraft flown by American airlines, and American reservationists should handle the purchase of tickets on American airlines.

I feel that our industry is like a utility. Our utilities are vital assets, and need to be controlled and operated independant of foreign influence.

Last edited:
Non-union a fact of life

There will always be non-union airlines, much as there has been non-union auto makers. When unions add cost to a union company, the company looses its ability to compete with the non-union companies. UAW membership 1978 close to 1M, 2009 less than 300K

Last edited:
Remind me again, who opened the door for outsourcing? Loosers. Yes, I meant to spell it that way! It is the accepted Flight Info way to spell the word, damnit!

splling?

Remind me again, who opened the door for outsourcing? Loosers. Yes, I meant to spell it that way! It is the accepted Flight Info way to spell the word, damnit!
So htis thread is now about sppeling? i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed tihs forwrad it.

Latest resources

Back