Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave Siegel said:
Hi, it's Dave!
Saying that AirTran and JetBlue offer superior products is truly entertaining. AirTran is like WalMart, and JetBlue is also WalMart, but the Smurfs want everyone to think they're Sax Fifth Avenue.

Dave
I think you've been eating too much airline food over at Gate Gourmet. I spent $700 for two tickets to go to Texas. For that my family got a bag of pretzels, cup of soda, cramped seat, no entertainment, and attitude from customer service. Coming back they got to spend almost four hours shoe horned into an RJ that smelled like an outhouse and connected on another RJ on the final leg home. All that on one of the most lauded legacy carriers in the business. If JetBlue and and Air Tran are Walmart then some of these legacy carriers are K-mart (not even the upgrade Big K).

That said business isn't necessarily about the best product it's more of a high stakes game of poker, perhaps a game of chess might be a better analogy. That's clearly why Southwest is and will be successful. The WN product is clearly inferior BUT they fly to a lot of places with high frequency. They have many airplanes that alow them to crush the competition by a simply realocating assets. Maybe JetBlue will tank but it won't be because of an inferior product.

Latest resources

Back