The Mood at Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dizel8 said:
There are issues, as there always are, but they are being addressed and the company is pretty open to suggestions.

Pretty much every company is "open to suggestions." The real question is, what happens to the best suggestions? Do they get acted upon?

Something to ponder.

When FedEx bought Tigers back in 89 get access to China, everyone said Fred Smith overpaid. Now they lionize him as a genius and make him a CEO poster child. They again complained "kinkos hasn't been successful...." after less than 2 years of data points after the buyout. Back in 1998 I "overbought" a house down here in Florida--paid more than the norm for an active duty captain, and a few years later bought a rental that is still NOT cash flow positive. Common thread to all these is the financial timeline wasn't based on next quarter, or next year, but years down the road.

I think Jetblue is looking at a 5-10 year timeline to get where they want to be. There will be some rough quarters as expenses pop up and investments in aircraft, infrastructure, and training have to be absorbed. However, like Airtran, the company offers a superior product that generally is better than the competitions when measured head to head (who said head?). Neelemen is both conservative in his estimates and aggressive in his plans, and I think anyone who rides out a few rough quarters as an employee (sorry--crewmember) is going to be in good shape a few years down the road. Stockholders, on the other hand, have a lot more dynamics to deal with--and while those guys who bought AA two years ago at 3-6 bucks look like geniuses, I think the track record for airline investors says you are better off taking the money to Vegas and hitting the tables.

ATR-DRIVR said:
Don't forget 'dave'! Before this gets to 10 post's I'll bet he'll jump right on in.
sigh

Hi, it's Dave!

Looks like you were wrong, ATR-DRIVR. 10 posts, and I stayed silent, but I knew it would break your little heart not to hear from me.

ALBIE F15 said:

"I think Jetblue is looking at a 5-10 year timeline to get where they want to be. There will be some rough quarters as expenses pop up and investments in aircraft, infrastructure, and training have to be absorbed. However, like Airtran, the company offers a superior product that generally is better than the competitions when measured head to head (who said head?). "

Albie's right. JetBlue is looking at a 5-10 year plan, to go out of business. Since I'm always known for my optimism, I give them 10.

Saying that AirTran and JetBlue offer superior products is truly entertaining. AirTran is like WalMart, and JetBlue is also WalMart, but the Smurfs want everyone to think they're Sax Fifth Avenue. Well, blue kool-aid drinkers, maybe if you say it enough people will believe you. I doubt it, but then again, I am smarter than all of you, except of course, the great Mr. Lorenzo.

Dave Siegel said:
Hi, it's Dave!

Looks like you were wrong, ATR-DRIVR. 10 posts, and I stayed silent, but I knew it would break your little heart not to hear from me.

ALBIE F15 said:

"I think Jetblue is looking at a 5-10 year timeline to get where they want to be. There will be some rough quarters as expenses pop up and investments in aircraft, infrastructure, and training have to be absorbed. However, like Airtran, the company offers a superior product that generally is better than the competitions when measured head to head (who said head?). "

Albie's right. JetBlue is looking at a 5-10 year plan, to go out of business. Since I'm always known for my optimism, I give them 10.

Saying that AirTran and JetBlue offer superior products is truly entertaining. AirTran is like WalMart, and JetBlue is also WalMart, but the Smurfs want everyone to think they're Sax Fifth Avenue. Well, blue kool-aid drinkers, maybe if you say it enough people will believe you. I doubt it, but then again, I am smarter than all of you, except of course, the great Mr. Lorenzo.

I guess there is a difference between offering a "superior" product for the employees and the customers. Say what you will about the management, but I've had nothing but good experiences on Airtran and JB. I'd even say excellent service all around. Same with Continental. Based on just from my perspective as a commuter, I'd say it's 1) Continental 2) JB 3) Airtran 4) SWA 5) NWA

Unlike you, I hope none of them go under. Alot of my buds would be out of jobs.

MAGNUM!! said:
Unlike you, I hope none of them go under. Alot of my buds would be out of jobs.

Hi, it's Dave again. Magnum makes assumptions again. I never said that I WANTED JetBlue to go out of business, I simply predicted that they WILL be out of business in 10 years. Many of my good friends are at JetBlue, and although they do not possess the intellect that I, as management, have earned through attaining an MBA, I still have no problem with them taking my clothes to the cleaners, delivering my newspaper, or walking my dogs.

Magnum, you are a very nasty person, and you shouldn't judge people so quickly next time.

WADR so what????

AlbieF15 said:
However, like Airtran, the company offers a superior product that generally is better than the competitions when measured head to head (who said head?). quote]

This is business and in the end has little to do with the superiority of a given product but the effectiveness of the system involved. JetBlue offers a better product, but Airtran has consistently shown it has a better, albeit less glamoruous system. A comparison of the offering(s) of LCC's and major carriers generally finds WN lacking amenties wise, but their system is far more effective than the aforementioned carriers overall. Their fuel hedges have helped this point for sure, but they are clearly aware of that and working on fixes to the system. It's like Wendy's; sure they make a better burger/fry than McDondald's (imo) but they can't move it thru their system as effectively. This is the difference between Song and Ted. Song was/is a creative attempt to change and redifine the product and experience they give the customer. Ted is a different system to process UA's lower fare customer segment effectively. The overwhelming views of the ted product vs. Song, JetBlue, etc are rightfully subpar yet it continues along with full a/c like WN because the system is producing it's desired resutls. We as pilots continually focus on things that have nothing to do whether an airline works or not just what we personally feel is important-remember FlyI consistently received high pax/reviewer raves.

Marko Ramius said:
It's like Wendy's; sure they make a better burger/fry than McDondald's (imo) but they can't move it thru their system as effectively. .

It doesn't move through my system effectively either.

wndshr said:
YES there is a doom and gloom panic at B6...I know at least 8 people that have put their resumes in with UAL, DAL and NWA. 3 have already been hired ever since hearing the shocking news!!!!

Yeah, cause the majors are hiring now????????????????????

Latest resources

Back