Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyifrvfr

CFII/MEI right seater
Our local media came to Martin State Airport to interview an aviation expert on the crash of the Airfrance A340. Here is the problem with the whole scenario. Martin State Airport is a general aviation reliever located in Baltimore, Maryland. The guy they interviewed was 70 years old and never flew aircraft remotely similar to an Airbus 340. The only thing the guy could speak intelligently of was weather related problems airplanes face. I will admit the weather hasn't changed, thunderstorms and microbursts existed way back when. The only thing that changed is how we detect them and the equipment we fly around them.

This guy is so old when they asked about fly-by-wire, he thought they were talking about Morse Code. They said the plane may have lost power just before landing ( they were referring to the loss of power in the cabin ) and he remarked how the airplane could still glide if the engines stopped. I had to walk back into the FBO because I was about to bust a gut. The only consolation I have about the whole thing was the camerman knew they were wasting their time with this guy. I am sure that when they asked for an expert, they were thinking they would be talking to an airline pilot. What a fuster cluck.

flyifrvfr said:
The only consolation I have about the whole thing was the camerman knew they were wasting their time with this guy. I am sure that when they asked for an expert, they were thinking they would be talking to an airline pilot. What a fuster cluck.

But that footage will probably still make it to the news as fact. :rolleyes:

Since iflyvfrifr is banned for good and he used my pic of the tool at MY airport, can I use his/my avatar? This question is directed to the moderators.

TDTURBO said:
Since iflyvfrifr is banned for good and he used my pic of the tool at MY airport, can I use his/my avatar? This question is directed to the moderators.

I was hoping that that guy in the Avatar was a joke. Please tell me it is.

If not will you tell me what airport you fly out of? Maybe if I am on a trip out there I can hunt the dork down and smack him.

9GClub said:
flyifrvfr,

Does the MD ANG still fly out of Martin State? A-10s and C-130s right?

Yes they do still fly the A-10 and C-130 at Martins. However, the Brac has voted to remove the C-130's and place them in Rhode Island.

Latest resources

Back