• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The market HATES this DAL deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no appeasement of the NWA unions. They have proven in the past, that they need to have their feet stuck in the fire before they will agree to anything (BK).

By the time this thing is approved by the DOJ (which may go into the next administration), the economy and both airlines will be spiralling towards the junk heap.

Mr. Anderson and his human resource advisor Lawyer (Mike Campbell) will offer them one last chance to get on board before jettisoning and furloughing as many malcontents from NWA as they can. Consolidation of capacity will be the term used, but NWA's will be taken apart like a cheap rummage sale, with only the domestic parts remaining that DL feels they can make a buck on. Oh, well!

:pimp:​

GL, And with this merger I can see the government allowing other airlines to bid on some of the international routes the Delta and NWA currently run.

Hell, this might be good for US Airways. Maybe those Airbus 350's might come in good use in the future.

Doubtful that the Gov't would allow any airline to bid on slots or rights to Asia---they are "rights" given a certain airline. (if absorbed, it goes to the new owner) United and CAL would have to do the same thing. And, with openskies to Europe, any airline over here can bid for slots or flights to anywhere in Europe, as long as they can get the slots or gates. Also, Delta currently only has one flight a day to NRT, from a place (ATL) that NWA does not fly to from NRT. All of our current Asia flights start from ATL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

One of our pilots saw this coming and turned down a job at NWA, now sees USA Jet as a career location now. Making near 100K at USA Jet early 40's.

With that lifestyle he better enjoy that 100K...he'll probably be dead (or look like he is) by 50.

No possible way, I would give up flying before that.

Plus with oil prices and a changing economy I find it hard to believe that a small operation like USA jet will be immune to all of this.

Doubtful that the Gov't would allow any airline to bid on slots or rights to Asia---they are "rights" given a certain airline. (if absorbed, it goes to the new owner) United and CAL would have to do the same thing. And, with openskies to Europe, any airline over here can bid for slots or flights to anywhere in Europe, as long as they can get the slots or gates. Also, Delta currently only has one flight a day to NRT, from a place (ATL) that NWA does not fly to from NRT. All of our current Asia flights start from ATL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes, however to keep the new Delta from monoplizing the International flying I see the government cutting some of that up and giving it to come competitors.

Just my thought.

One of our pilots saw this coming and turned down a job at NWA, now sees USA Jet as a career location now. Making near 100K at USA Jet early 40's.

Hey man, you know I like you, did the whole on demand in Lears and DC-8's, but living on a pager, flogging around a 9 gets old.

Different courses for different horse and all., I would be the first to look for a job with you and I would work my butt off, however, I would be looking for a way out ASAP.

This is a good clip. Bethune and Ron Allen on CNBC this morning. Not the usual mindless "analysts" you see on CNN and FOX.

Right around the 50% point they spend some time talking about the Delta of the late 90's.

Bethune also talks about his initial push for a DL-UAL deal.

The CNBC types are also dubious of the "no layoff," "no job losses," talk.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=712826540&play=1

There is no appeasement of the NWA unions. They have proven in the past, that they need to have their feet stuck in the fire before they will agree to anything (BK).

By the time this thing is approved by the DOJ (which may go into the next administration), the economy and both airlines will be spiralling towards the junk heap.

Mr. Anderson and his human resource advisor Lawyer (Mike Campbell) will offer them one last chance to get on board before jettisoning and furloughing as many malcontents from NWA as they can. Consolidation of capacity will be the term used, but NWA's will be taken apart like a cheap rummage sale, with only the domestic parts remaining that DL feels they can make a buck on. Oh, well!

:pimp:​

I think you are heading down the right road here. In about 18 months when both airlines are losing money and still fighting over integration issues, what will stop Delta from parking the 9's and selling the 319/320 fleet?

All 7 hubs will remain open. :laugh:

Yea sure.

I like how they trot out noted airline EXPERT Ron :laugh: Allen.

Hey, why don't we bring in "successful businessman" Jeff Skilling for a quip?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back