• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The market HATES this DAL deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would the markets not like a deal that has -- well nothing -- at least stated. They are looking for major efficencies through cost cutting of management duality, reduction of competing flights, reducing hubs, increased buying power, reduction in advertising budget, and a singular more powerful entiity in the marketplace. Instead, they get no promises of any of these things, in fact statements to the contrary, two union groups that never agree on anything and no one clearly in charge.
Why would shareholders and the market not like this deal????

Regulators and politicians have to be mollified first, by promising full service everywhere. Once the deal is approved, a convenient economic excuse will allow hub and staff reductions, soothing investors and markets.
BINGO!

You're crazy if you think they're going to keep 3 large hubs all within 300-500 nm of each other.

My guess is MEM will be a ghost-town, and CVG might have some capacity cuts as well,,,

They're just keeping the public mollified for the upcoming DOJ discussions.

BINGO!

You're crazy if you think they're going to keep 3 large hubs all within 300-500 nm of each other.

My guess is MEM will be a ghost-town, and CVG might have some capacity cuts as well,,,

They're just keeping the public mollified for the upcoming DOJ discussions.

MEM will still be busy ... between 2400 and 0500.

My bet: Nearly the status quo for 2 years, then, duck! If I were at NWA, I wouldn't breed, get sick or get older for at least two years.

The market will like this deal when they find out Air France is injecting loads of cash into it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back