The latest on the AWA and AAA seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No Joint contract = No Nic.
Judge can not modify ALPA merger policy. 3 things need to happen for a list to get implemented.Thats why ALPA failed.

Plus ALPA produced a flawed list with falsified data supplied by ALPA. Again, Nicolau used falsied data to come up with a flawed list.

A joint contract is not possible with Nic, which means ALPA has a safety mechanism, that both sides have to agree on a contract, which is not possible under NIC. Thats what Prater had in mind,when he tried to convince USAIR pilots that we could always modify the Nic with C &R, because the East had the power not to allow the Nic to take place. Like I said, a joint contract was not possible under a flawed Nicolau award. Why do you think Delta and NWA got them to sign a joint contract before the merger of the lists? Answer: to avoid ALPA merger gridlock. Both sides need to agree.

M

B.S. The Judge could care less about ALPA merger policy. It is what it is and that process is complete...even down to the company accepting the list.

Also, The Judge absolutely CAN REWRITE THE TRANSITION AGREEMENT which is where your sides childish little threats of negotiating in bad faith for eternity, (also illegal) come in. The Judge isn't an idiot. He know that's what you guys will try to do. He has indicated in no uncertain terms that this will be finished in the end. No loose strings, no wiggle room, no more bull**** from you guys.

OVER.

Besides, Lee Seham told you guys that the wests' case "had no merit" and that our legal team had no knowledge of labor law. What do you have to worry about? Funny how it seems that the courtroom is the last place on Earth Seham wants to go...as evidenced by his non stop flooding the court with various motions to cause delay. Has to make you wonder about the "merits" don't it?

The East loves to blame everyone but themselves, it is the world against the East pilots! Do the East pilots accept any responsibility for the corner they have painted themselves into? Does the 1988 hire think they should have moved on after hitting the street? Does the MDA F/O think they should have stayed at PDT? You can't blame your problems(LOA 93, lost pension, Nic., USAPA incompetence) on the West,Wake or Nic. can you?

I know it must be tough not cashing in on a lottery ticket. The junior AWA F/O's on here would have about almost 1000 Easties below him and would be around 60% up the list.

All those positions the East pilots have filled in the last few years are seats vacated and filled by the guys that were on furlough in 2005. Just like Delta and Continental that had huge attrition, the furloughed pilots came back and moved up fast. Those jobs belong to East pilots. The East is down to 2600 active pilots. There has been no growth and many furloughed pilots that returned are now widebody blockholders or Capt on E 190, which replaced the E 170. How Westies think they are entitled to East openings before all the 1988 pilots with 17 years is beyond me. Nic would have give them everything and more. Nic will never happen.

M

No East pilots will fly with any West pilots with the Nic award. Unsafe!!. Just like when AWA pilots feel that a East J/S is unsafe. Imagine having to fly together. It will not work.

So lemme get this straight, if a Captain and FO out the East don't wanna be BFF's...UNSAFE! Are you saying they can't act like a professionals and just do their job? The majority of the Easties I've met are far more professional than you give them credit for. But, you are correct in that there are a significant minority who cry wolf, or "SAFETY" at the first hint of something they don't like. It's a glaring indication of their of lack of professionalism and it damages all of our credibility and profession far more then they can imagine.

Eastie DOH is 1988 (Former Capt. now blockholder) and the Westie hired in 2005 (always Reserve F/O) is more senior? Try coming to one of the East bases and see what that 2005 DOH will get you. No one will fly with you. Unsafe.

Wait, I know you don't actually work for USAir but you would probably be surprised to find out they don't have a "no-fly" list. If the East pilots want to call in sick instead of fly with a West pilot, they can be big boys and girls and do the Section 19 dance in front of the CP. That's certainly their prerogative.

East pilots would rather see this place implode before allowing a judge to force a Union in implementing the Nic.

Buddy, a sizeable minority of the Easties have been trying to implode USAir long before the West showed up....

Time to start looking for a new career Westies. I see USAIR gone if they try to force the Nic. We are too old to put up with some Westie Judge appointed by Bush to destroy a Union buildt on Union principles.

What's this "WE" business? One, I think the majority of the East pilots are far more professional than you give them credit for. Two, you think anybody wants to be without a job in this economy? Think again. Besides, it's become very evident that anyone who steps out to "make a point", East or West, will get put in "time out" by management for as long as they need it. Furthermore, there's no shortage of furloughed pilots, both East and West, who would gladly come back to work to replace them.

What else you got? Make it quick, I have to go on a trip soon.

Last edited:
You Westies are all over this thread. Great job.
Keep up your great posts. Finally some westie action on these boards. Not being able to cash in on the Nic award must really suck.

M

You Westies are all over this thread. Great job.
Keep up your great posts. Finally some westie action on these boards. Not being able to cash in on the Nic award must really suck.

M

McDoosh: (I just love how you respond to that)
How's it feel being the biggest *********************************** of FI?
The only lottery ticket was the one your dad bought when he paid for your job at Gulfstream.
Now get back on your meds and practice for that next golf "outing.":laugh:

Glad to see you Dope. What took you so long?

20000 hours of flying? Holly Sh!T. Thats more then Sully and he is almost 59 years old. Thats 33 years of flying avg. 600 a year. When you try to pretend that you are a pilot, at least make it look realistic.
See you at the next NGPA outing.

Love
M

MCDU:

Why does the East not help CAL, DAL, SWA and UAL out and just put US Airways out of business, since that is what you wish. I am sure a majority of the pilots on the East have no problem going home to their families and stating they no longer have a paycheck coming in and that their are so many pilots on the street that I can't get a job.

But I did help the industry. I took out capacity, CAL, UAL, DAL and SWA are now able to raise ticket prices and increase their market share. SWA ceo will be happy to take over PHL and the poolies will be excited. CAL and DAL would like nothing more than to gain more market share out East.

Since you speak for 99% of the pilots out East (I find that hard to believe) why not just stop putting yourselves through all this turmoil and just close US Airways down now.

Latest resources

Back