• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

the latest and greatest from Spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Obviously the capts in SJU and LGA are listed because their base is closing,......"

And just how much has all of this base opening/closing scheme cost the company? Wasn't the original reason for opening LGA to cut down on expensive NYC hotel costs while running an out/back day trip operation as cheaply as possible? Did hotel costs suddenly go way down, or has yet another brilliant business model been newly developed? While we're on the subject, just how much has the opening/closing of ACY, MYR, MLB, CLE etc. etc. etc. cost over the years? Further, just how much has the opening/closing of stations like SFO, OAK etc. etc. etc. cost???? What geniuses inhabit Miramar.

I agree, I was just saying that the 242 number includes displacements and downgrades, not just straight up furloughs.

You had to know the handwriting was on the wall when Spirit started charging for friggn water and pretzels...they can go out of biz anytime and it would do us all alot more good than harm....

You had to know the handwriting was on the wall when Spirit started charging for friggn water and pretzels...they can go out of biz anytime and it would do us all alot more good than harm....

You sir have to do more research because you truly have no idea what you are talking about.

Well, the last time I sent my 16yo daughter to Michigan, she asked the FA for some water and was told she needed a credit card to get a water, so, I think I do know what I am talking about.

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Flying/easykiosk.html

Maybe the answer lies in the fact that one of NK's former senior executives is an alumni of easyJet, bringing his vast knowledge of European LCC's to NK. What's the easyJet business model you ask? Have a look for yourself, and your experience with charge for water, charge for the clear blue sky, will be illuminated. One can hardly pretend that this is an idea which has it's originating roots in Miramar.

Last edited:
Well, according to the latest MEC update, nobody knows what are the reasons for this announcement.

Communication, communication.........

Well, the last time I sent my 16yo daughter to Michigan, she asked the FA for some water and was told she needed a credit card to get a water, so, I think I do know what I am talking about.

You're getting what you're paying for buddy. Your fault if you didn't do your homework.

You're getting what you're paying for buddy. Your fault if you didn't do your homework.

Maybe, my point is you can sell cheap tickets that don't cover your costs and try and make it up selling ancillary items like water and chips, but I guess we can see how that's working out for Spirit.....just another dirtbag airline to go in the history books of aviation.....

Latest resources

Back