• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

THE Kit Darby Book of Revelation!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pay is high, and can become skyhigh. Pilots who handle the large jets begin at $6,000 to $6,720 the first year, then soar to some $35,000, plus many benefits, by the ninth year—for 85 airborne hours a month

1964 to 2006 dollars from online inflation calculator.

6000 = 38,000
35,000 = 222,700

Pretty impressive for 9th year pay.

All this does not change my opinion that Kit Darby is a SCUM BAG!

Hey Kit, was that chair on managements side of the table comfortable? :angryfire
Loser.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Really. You don't.

Pilot's pay is still in the upper brakets of US individual income. Not many pilots could anywhere else and make even close to the airline pay. I think insecurity is a bigger distractor from pursuing this carzy career than the lack 250K/yr income. BTW Fozzy you would not have a job without management.

BS. Kit is not stupid when it comes to raking in the dough. He's been preaching "Pilot Shortage" for 30+ yrs. Now all of a sudden he's right. Come on Ole Harry says "The StocK Market will go on a huge upswing soon". When it does, give props to Harry. Preach something long enough and when it happens, you're a Genius.

I think the pilot shortage we are seeing has nothing to do with regional pay. Regionals have always payed low wages. If anything, regional wages have improved with the advent of the RJ. It's now a viable career in its own right.

The lack of pilots at the regional is a direct result of the loss of pay and jobs at the major level. People don't see the potential return on investment anymore. People were willing to put up with a few years of low pay at the regionals if it meant a high paying job at the majors later. Now those high paying jobs are no more, so what is the incentive to go into aviation? To quote a former co-worker of mine: "There are easier ways to starve to death."

Today is a different regional then yesterday.
In the past a jet was mainline....Management figured out a way to get Regionals to fly mainline airplanes and keep the pay at the Regional level. Pure Genious.
Our only saving grace is that this shortage is going to get much worse.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Really. You don't.

Fozzy and I are both at NetJets. Kit was brought in by management to argue against us, in support of management's "we can't afford to pay you" stance during negotiations in 2005. When all was said and done, the company offered us fairly close to what we sought and guess what? Record profits at NetJets. Despite what Kit and his statistics said. And interestingly enough, Kit's girlfriend was in my indoc class at NetJets.

Do you have a different version of that story? If so, I'd like to hear it.

Latest resources

Back