Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Folks you have to admit....Ol' Kit was right concerning the current pilot shortage that's going on in the Regional ranks......So I'm gonna be the first to man up and Admit, I (state your name) WAS WRONG!!! KIT WAS RIGHT !!!

I went to my first Air Inc. horse and pony show in 2001, and as I remember correctly ASA, Mesaba and rest of the gang would'nt touch a newbie with a ten ft. pole unless you had an ATP w/ prior 121....MY MY MY have the seasons changed......Any Takers? Man Up if You're out there....

Folks you have to admit....Ol' Kit was right concerning the current pilot shortage that's going on in the Regional ranks......So I'm gonna be the first to man up and Admit, I (state your name) WAS WRONG!!! KIT WAS RIGHT !!!

I went to my first Air Inc. horse and pony show in 2001, and as I remember correctly ASA, Mesaba and rest of the gang would'nt touch a newbie with a ten ft. pole unless you had an ATP w/ prior 121....MY MY MY have the seasons changed......Any Takers? Man Up if You're out there....

Kit didn't corner the market on the pilot shortage. The industry had been talking about it in the early 90's.

There is only a "pilot shortage" at the regional level...not at the fractionals, not at the legacies, not at the majors or cargo carriers. The reason there is a shortage at the regional level is because of the prohibitively expensive costs of aviation training today, coupled with low compensation and stagnated upward career progression. In other words, the cost/benefit analysis doesn't support most folks pursuing this career field.

Raise the compensation and the "shortage" goes away...

I think Dueguard just gave away his real identity!

There is only a "pilot shortage" at the regional level...not at the fractionals

Not at the fracs? Well maybe not at the good ones, but have you seen Avantair? And at some point FlightOptions (if they ever hire again)

Not at the fracs? Well maybe not at the good ones, but have you seen Avantair? And at some point FlightOptions (if they ever hire again)

Like I said...raise the compensation and the "shortage" goes away.

This instant there is no lack of pilots, only a lack of pilots willing to live a nomadic lifestyle for mediocre pay and lifestyle.

That's like going to a palm reader and they say "you have had a tragety in your past..." Kit has been saying it is just arround the corner for what?... 15 years? Now it finally is and he is a prophet? Hardly. Kit sells the shortage. He tells people what they want to hear. Just because this time it happens to be true, doesnt absolve Kit from 15 years of being wrong.

Remember I posted in Sept of 2003 that there would be an airline hiring boom in June of 2007. However the worldwide shortage coming to the US is a new thing.

Latest resources

Back