• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Jetblue ALPA drive has officially started

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup, and all management has to do is hit the reset button (Chptr 11) to negate all you've negotiated for years and years.... (UAL, NWA, DAL, TWA, CONT, FRONTIER, MESA are there more? uhuh..)... Didn't DAL ask their pilots for a billion in concessions to keep them out of CH11-- and then went CH11!!!! Last I recall, JB has not asked for one concession during tough times or even furloughed one pilot-- yet...(although I'm sure someone will spin the health care costs as concessionary). I'm sorry, ALPA is the UAW of the airline industry... Can't and won't support it...

oh yeah, it's the UAW's fault GM continued to build Hummers, SUV's and Pick-ups (with sky high oil prices) instead of fuel efficient cars (while paying out huge bonuses and dividends) rather than investing in new technologies like Ford did. Yeah, those unions at Alaska, SWA, Delta, FedEx etc are reeeeally screwing up their companies. Concessions? We made money all through this recession...why would they ask for concessions when we made (and are continuing) to make money.

Yup, and all management has to do is hit the reset button (Chptr 11) to negate all you've negotiated for years and years.... (UAL, NWA, DAL, TWA, CONT, FRONTIER, MESA are there more? uhuh..)... Didn't DAL ask their pilots for a billion in concessions to keep them out of CH11-- and then went CH11!!!! Last I recall, JB has not asked for one concession during tough times or even furloughed one pilot-- yet...(although I'm sure someone will spin the health care costs as concessionary). I'm sorry, ALPA is the UAW of the airline industry... Can't and won't support it...

All the CFO has to do is 'hit the reset' button?

That is funny you are repeating this talking point.

All the CFO has to do is wipe out all shareholder wealth FIRST with the reset button in order to get at parts of what was negotiated and this reset button needs to be approved by a third party - Federal BK Courts.

That is sort of different than the unilateral 'info notice' FSM change process.

Concession? The entire FSM was a concession and was given to Jetblue by pilots scrambling over each other to earn a VP or CP position.

Last edited:
Hey Blue,

I have flown with you out of MCO. You and your twin brother. Your brother has way more class then you will ever have.

People like you are the reason we need a third party on the property. Maybe if you acted like your brother, you would have some friends to fly with. The avoid list in MCO has TB, BF(you not your brother) and CT.

Enjoy yourself, you self center brat. Act more like your brother would ya?

Hey Blue,

I have flown with you out of MCO. You and your twin brother. Your brother has way more class then you will ever have.

Blue, Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes......your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for......brother. SO! you have a twin brother! Your feelings have now betrayed him, too. ALPA was wise to hide him from me. Now their failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps he will...

Hey Blue,

People like you are the reason we need a third party on the property. Maybe if you acted like your brother, you would have some friends to fly with. The avoid list in MCO has TB, BF(you not your brother) and CT.

Enjoy yourself, you self center brat. Act more like your brother would ya?

That guy...

Last edited:
Blue, Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes......your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for......brother. SO! you have a twin brother! Your feelings have now betrayed him, too. ALPA was wise to hide him from me. Now their failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps he will...

Ha! That's good stuff.

JetBlue Names Michael Elliott Vice President Crew & Values Relations

Press Release Source: JetBlue Airways On Wednesday October 13, 2010, 12:00 pm EDT
NEW YORK, Oct. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- JetBlue Airways Corporation (Nasdaq:JBLU - News) today names Michael Elliott Vice President, Crew and Values Relations. He begins immediately and reports directly to Joanna Geraghty, Executive Vice President, Chief People Officer.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090217/NY71475LOGO-b )

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090217/NY71475LOGO-b )

"Michael brings a wealth of experience to an important new position for JetBlue," said Joanna Geraghty, JetBlue's Chief People Officer. "Strengthening our culture and enhancing our engagement with JetBlue's Values Committees is critical to success in our second decade. Michael and his team will proactively keep their fingers on the pulse of Crewmember concerns and partner with leadership to address these concerns."

"I am very excited by this opportunity to join JetBlue and continue growing the company's mission of putting people first," said Mr. Elliott. "JetBlue is recognized throughout the industry for its unique culture. It's an honor to take a leadership role in helping to preserve and build upon this culture as the airline enters its second decade."

Mr. Elliott comes to JetBlue after 20 years at Airborne Express and then DHL where he worked most recently as Vice President, Human Resources. Mr. Elliott has a B.A. in Psychology and also served as a Commissioned Officer in the US Army.

About JetBlue Airways

Voted "Most Eco-Friendly Airline" by Zagat's Airline Survey in 2008 and 2009, New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style. In 2010, the carrier also ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Low-Cost Carriers in North America" by J.D. Power and Associates, a customer satisfaction recognition received for the sixth year in a row. Known for its award-winning service and free TV as much as its low fares, JetBlue offers the most legroom in coach of any U.S. airline (based on average fleet-wide seat pitch) and super-spacious Even More Legroom seats. JetBlue is also America's first and only airline to offer its own Customer Bill of Rights, with meaningful and specific compensation for customers inconvenienced by service disruptions within JetBlue's control. Visit www.jetblue.com/promise for details. JetBlue serves 61 cities with 650 daily flights. New service to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Washington, DC and to Bradley International Airport in Hartford, CT begins in November. The airline also intends to serve Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands in February 2011. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For information or reservations call 1-800-JET-BLUE (1-800-538-2583), TTY/TDD 1-800-336-5530 or visit www.jetblue.com

coffee out the nose laughing! :laugh:

that was perfect...

Latest resources

Back