• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Jetblue ALPA drive has officially started

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At the same time, Delta pilots start to work on their own drive to ditch ALPA...

For those of us tired of the pandering of ALPA and the mis-direction of the DALPA "top-down" structure: There is an alternative! The time for change is now, the time for internal representation is now, the time for Delta Pilots representing themselves and putting thier interests first is NOW. 100% of Delta Pilots dues money +/- $27,000,000 per year staying in house is NOW...to be put to work for the Delta Pilots and Mainline Interest's is NOW.

Educate yourselves, tone out the naysayers, make a decision and stand up for what is right: Delta Pilots, flying ALL Delta's passengers and an Association representing WITHOUT CONFLICT OF INTEREST: Delta Pilots!!!

For more information:
HTML Code:
www.DeltaPilotsAssociation.orghttp://www.DeltaPilotsAssociation.org

Yawn......I'm at Delta and have never heard of these monkeys......

It's a handful of whining NWA types who didn't get their way when they named the airline.......99 percent of the NWA family are good peeps so don't jump on me.........

oooooo Bayou....big things happening at Delta.....whatever!!

Unless your group is big in numbers, you'll have limited resources when the fight gets going if you stay independent. I'd venture to say more than 5000 members is a must. Anything less, and you risk getting outspent, outfoxed, outclassed, and at times steamrolled. Believe it! A determined management team, can and will use its vast resources to out maneuver a small and vulnerable group. It's like sending a kid with a stick to a gun fight.

The RLA and NMB are very hard to navigate through. Despite what conventional wisdom might be, they are not there to make pilots' lives easier. More often than not, they provide more opsticles than a helping hand. Timing, lawyering, strategy has to be crisp. An organization like ALPA can provide that if needed.

ALPA is not perfect. But it has vast legal, monetary, amongst other resources, that are simply impossible for a small group to obtain. What you do with them will ultimately be up to you. SWAPA and the APA work for Southwest and American. In part because of their numbers. Southwest has north of 5000 pilots, and American possibly more than 8000, not including their furloughs. The pot of money those numbers generate is significant. In SWA's case, it also helps that they deal with a friendlier management that most do not enjoy.

Of course this is just my observation which is probably not worth more than a cup Joe. Regardless, best of luck with your choices. Now is probably a good time to start thinking about obtaining solid legal protections. Since mergers appear to fall from trees now at days.

You know, a union is not a bad organization when there is an honest effort made to negotiate terms on both sides. Our management has no desire to see a union on the property-- do you think a marriage forced upon these guys is going to be an amicable one? Everything will be on the table and there will be no desire on our management's part to make things easy... I can care less, I'm senior enough to know my outcome will be ok. However, for all you junior folks out there-- don't be surprised when the E-190 flying goes to Republic... or the shuttle bus to Kew is taken away, or DH pay becomes 50% or pay protection goes away... don't be surprised if the economy dips into another recession and we start negotiating during that time period and we get a concessionary contract... There are those who say that pay and benefits are not high on the list but merger and acquisition protection is-- I hear you, but there are thousands of pilots out on the street in furlough status or saw their jobs disappear (Midwest/TWA/ATA/Frontier LINK/Comair) because the companies decided their seats weren't needed anymore.

Jetblue is different, unique-- we've made it 10 years without a union in the entire airline. My gut feeling is that ALPA will be the great beginning-- the beginning of the end of Jetblue as we know it.

This same argument played out during the ALPA drive at SkyWest: go in-house. Funny thing is, we had an in-house union drive the previous year or 2 and the same guys we're screaming "anything but in-house. We won't have the resources!"

My gut feeling is that ALPA will be the great beginning-- the beginning of the end of Jetblue as we know it.

Says the former military, senior Airbus Captain....

Did you see that $130/month increase in our insurance premiums? That's over $600/month for me next year.

Did you see the email from the CBC...

"This year’s open enrollment process ended with no opportunity for us to participate in the formulations of this year’s offerings."

"At this time the Company has stated that it has no expectation of making any changes in our plan for immediate future."

"It appears that virtually no preparation for the 2011 open enrollment process had occurred into July of this year. This resulted in a response which was very disappointing. Instead of including the CBC (either in the form of the full committee or a sub team of SME’s) in a collaborative process the company proceeded to resolve the entire issue without the benefit of collaborative input."

Without the benefit of collaborative input....the current process doesn't work. Time for a change.

So our committe has no seat at the table....and I incur a $130/month increase next year. How can you possibly be satisfied with that?

Oh that's right....you're a former military, senior Airbus Captain....:rolleyes:

You know, a union is not a bad organization when there is an honest effort made to negotiate terms on both sides. Our management has no desire to see a union on the property-- do you think a marriage forced upon these guys is going to be an amicable one? Everything will be on the table and there will be no desire on our management's part to make things easy... I can care less, I'm senior enough to know my outcome will be ok. However, for all you junior folks out there-- don't be surprised when the E-190 flying goes to Republic... or the shuttle bus to Kew is taken away, or DH pay becomes 50% or pay protection goes away... don't be surprised if the economy dips into another recession and we start negotiating during that time period and we get a concessionary contract... There are those who say that pay and benefits are not high on the list but merger and acquisition protection is-- I hear you, but there are thousands of pilots out on the street in furlough status or saw their jobs disappear (Midwest/TWA/ATA/Frontier LINK/Comair) because the companies decided their seats weren't needed anymore.

Jetblue is different, unique-- we've made it 10 years without a union in the entire airline. My gut feeling is that ALPA will be the great beginning-- the beginning of the end of Jetblue as we know it.

You just cited exactly why guys like YOU are the problem...

Are you seriously blaming the company for health care cost increses? That rests solely on Obama - his great health care plan is that everyone working gets to pay more to cover everyone who does not have ins. it is a total joke.

Are you seriously blaming the company for health care cost increses? That rests solely on Obama.

Yes. I am seriously blaming the company. Industry average cost split is 80/20. I will pay a 37% share next year. It's not Obama...it's Barger.

Latest resources

Back