• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Jetblue ALPA drive has officially started

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup, and all management has to do is hit the reset button (Chptr 11) to negate all you've negotiated for years and years.... (UAL, NWA, DAL, TWA, CONT, FRONTIER, MESA are there more? uhuh..)... Didn't DAL ask their pilots for a billion in concessions to keep them out of CH11-- and then went CH11!!!! Last I recall, JB has not asked for one concession during tough times or even furloughed one pilot-- yet...(although I'm sure someone will spin the health care costs as concessionary). I'm sorry, ALPA is the UAW of the airline industry... Can't and won't support it...

Ok, so on the other hand you are betting your the rest of your career, benefits etc on that same old thing we have been hearing? "I get it". I am not so pro-union that I don't see the arguments against it, I am weighting what we have in any 'transactional' event against having a 'seat at the table' and CBA. Sorry for the hardcore tone of my last reply but having seen the good and bad of ALPA against what we have now, I have to lean that way. Especially with what the PVC has done for themselves - them, not us....

I agree with ATR

Blue you are clueless. I know your type ( and yes we have flown before)

As long as YOUR deal is good everything else is bad. I get it

No rational thinking human thinks that alpa will perform a miracle but anyone a few cards short of a full deck can see that the culture here is nothing more than a talking point for the other 11,000 employees to believe. We are professionals we have earned it and all we asked for was average even though we give 150% each and every day. That wanted their efficiencies? They already had them with an eager and committed workforce.

I could write a novel regarding all the events that that have led to the majority of pilots here to finally seek representation but unfortunately the antics, backroom deals, and money wasted on incompetent managers, glory( hole ) seekers, and wannabe managers will read as nothing more than your typical garbage gossip mag..

Yup, and all management has to do is hit the reset button (Chptr 11) to negate all you've negotiated for years and years.... (UAL, NWA, DAL, TWA, CONT, FRONTIER, MESA are there more? uhuh..)... Didn't DAL ask their pilots for a billion in concessions to keep them out of CH11-- and then went CH11!!!! Last I recall, JB has not asked for one concession during tough times or even furloughed one pilot-- yet...(although I'm sure someone will spin the health care costs as concessionary). I'm sorry, ALPA is the UAW of the airline industry... Can't and won't support it...

ALPA is the UAW of the airline industry? You are so clueless it is comical.

So when an airline presses reset on a non-union carrier you know what you get Blue? Fired with no recall. Replaced by new hires at half pay. How do like them apples.

Latest resources

Back