• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Jetblue ALPA drive has officially started

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, a union is not a bad organization when there is an honest effort made to negotiate terms on both sides. Our management has no desire to see a union on the property-- do you think a marriage forced upon these guys is going to be an amicable one? Everything will be on the table and there will be no desire on our management's part to make things easy... I can care less, I'm senior enough to know my outcome will be ok. However, for all you junior folks out there-- don't be surprised when the E-190 flying goes to Republic... or the shuttle bus to Kew is taken away, or DH pay becomes 50% or pay protection goes away... don't be surprised if the economy dips into another recession and we start negotiating during that time period and we get a concessionary contract... There are those who say that pay and benefits are not high on the list but merger and acquisition protection is-- I hear you, but there are thousands of pilots out on the street in furlough status or saw their jobs disappear (Midwest/TWA/ATA/Frontier LINK/Comair) because the companies decided their seats weren't needed anymore.

Jetblue is different, unique-- we've made it 10 years without a union in the entire airline. My gut feeling is that ALPA will be the great beginning-- the beginning of the end of Jetblue as we know it.

Blue where do come up with this garbage?

Yes. I am seriously blaming the company. Industry average cost split is 80/20. I will pay a 37% share next year. It's not Obama...it's Barger.

How do youknow the split is changing? I would bet that the overall costs of the plan increased and that the split staye the same. Basically you get to insure yourself and someone else who you have never met and probably would not like

You mean we are going to lose the shuttle bus that we are CHARGED to use????????????????????????

What a fool. I have flown with the clueless guys like Blue Bayou

They live in this little perfect world happy with their 200k pay check because afterall it is " GOOD ENOUGH " to support thier little clueless microcasm.

they dont want any change beause they could care less about anybody else below them.

Dont know, dont care, my life is great, do the crossword puzzle and throw the rest away, all the while spewing forth FUD that is fed into their simple
brains from top like loss of shuttle buses, flica alerts, or dh pay

The dog and pony show is over guys and gals.. The Direct Relationship has FAILED because it is a flat out lie. EVERYBODY needs to make a sacrifice so we can negotiate our new contract. All we ever asked for from our management team was industry average all the while giving them unprecedented efficiencies that nearly no other pilot group can offer.

That wasnt good enough for them. They gave us a raise, took it all back through their FSM and efficiencies and have left us below our peers. Shame on them and shame on us

How do youknow the split is changing? I would bet that the overall costs of the plan increased and that the split staye the same. Basically you get to insure yourself and someone else who you have never met and probably would not like

How much do you wanna bet? I say $10,000.00.

If you work for JetBlue then email the CBC or call Dave I. or anyone on the CBC and they will tell you that the Plus Plan will be 37% and the split was less last year and that was after the company agreed it would be 25%.

That is how we know.

Last edited:
Blue Bayou is totally right on this- ALPO is a disease that does nothing except take your dues and give It to Prater. jBlue doesn't need ALpO

You know, a union is not a bad organization when there is an honest effort made to negotiate terms on both sides. Our management has no desire to see a union on the property-- do you think a marriage forced upon these guys is going to be an amicable one? Everything will be on the table and there will be no desire on our management's part to make things easy... I can care less, I'm senior enough to know my outcome will be ok. However, for all you junior folks out there-- don't be surprised when the E-190 flying goes to Republic... or the shuttle bus to Kew is taken away, or DH pay becomes 50% or pay protection goes away... don't be surprised if the economy dips into another recession and we start negotiating during that time period and we get a concessionary contract... There are those who say that pay and benefits are not high on the list but merger and acquisition protection is-- I hear you, but there are thousands of pilots out on the street in furlough status or saw their jobs disappear (Midwest/TWA/ATA/Frontier LINK/Comair) because the companies decided their seats weren't needed anymore.

Jetblue is different, unique-- we've made it 10 years without a union in the entire airline. My gut feeling is that ALPA will be the great beginning-- the beginning of the end of Jetblue as we know it.

Are you serious?

When we get bought, stapled and furloughed I'll remind you how short sighted you were. I don't believe one bit that the McCaskill-Bond legislation covers us with our B.S. individual contracts (Of course management says it does). We need a contract yesterday to insure we are treated fairly WHEN we get purchased.:beer:

Are you serious?

When we get bought, stapled and furloughed I'll remind you how short sighted you were. I don't believe one bit that the McCaskill-Bond legislation covers us with our B.S. individual contracts (Of course management says it does). We need a contract yesterday to insure we are treated fairly WHEN we get purchased.:beer:

That would be a management paid lawyer says it does......

Yawn......I'm at Delta and have never heard of these monkeys......

It's a handful of whining NWA types who didn't get their way when they named the airline.......99 percent of the NWA family are good peeps so don't jump on me.........

oooooo Bayou....big things happening at Delta.....whatever!!
Bill, I'm an RD who supports this drive. ALPA has seen it's best days-I want a union that is dedicated to the Delta pilots only. I could go on and on with the reasons-compensation to the people at the top, etc.

Latest resources

Back