• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The hiring boom is here!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with Cliff's original point about getting the flying job going as quickly as possible and complete your degree online. It's only a check in the box your looking for anyway, so use your time on the road wisely and get ahead. Seniority in this business is everything..

Hi!

We go into ORF with Falcons and freighter -9s pretty often. If it was a PAX -9 it was probably an NCAA BBall team.

cliff
YIP

So, did you get a $50K/year as a first year regional pilot when you got hired?

For any CFI who makes less than $11/hr and spend countless hours per day waiting and being cancelled on again and again and - even when you fly it's mostly a VFR ASEL flight - has a child and many bills other bills to pay (my first year as a CFI was $7000 Gross), suddenly a ttwin-turbine, part 121 job with a regular paycheck becomes an offer hard to resist.

If anything, you need to take your gripe to the 'grassroots' and look at the FBOs that charge $40/hr but pay the instructors only $10/hr.

Shaheen.

It should be noted that there are some very good instructing jobs out there. I make about $25K in mine, but it makes the pull of that $20k/year regional job a lot less intense. Granted I have no one to support but myself, which is not something entirely of my own choosing, but I do ok for someone just starting out.

-Goose

FWIW..I recently got hired by Sears for a retail management trainee position. I had about three total interviews and in each of them I talked about being a pilot and how it involves crucial decision making and problem solving. My point is that if you get furloughed you can still use flying to help you get a non-aviation job. just my .02 cents

Latest resources

Back