• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The hiring boom is here!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, drop out of school to grab one of those $18k/yr flying jobs!

AWESOME!!

So, did you get a $50K/year as a first year regional pilot when you got hired?

For any CFI who makes less than $11/hr and spend countless hours per day waiting and being cancelled on again and again and - even when you fly it's mostly a VFR ASEL flight - has a child and many bills other bills to pay (my first year as a CFI was $7000 Gross), suddenly a ttwin-turbine, part 121 job with a regular paycheck becomes an offer hard to resist.

If anything, you need to take your gripe to the 'grassroots' and look at the FBOs that charge $40/hr but pay the instructors only $10/hr.

Shaheen.

It's going alright, thanks for asking. To keep from hijacking this post, I am starting back this summer with some classes online. Check in tha box, baby, check in tha box...

I meet a lot of recent college graduates.

And they all say the same thing: "Hi! Welcome to Fridays!"

(Sing while clapping: "They say this is your birthday, this is your special day.....")

That beats what the high school grads are saying:

Do you want fries with that?

(okay, maybe it doesn't beat it by much.)

It's going alright, thanks for asking. To keep from hijacking this post, I am starting back this summer with some classes online. Check in tha box, baby, check in tha box...

Good to hear!.

Back on track: Sell drugs. The cash flow is UNBELIEVABLE! Why wait for that hiring boom when you can go buy your own jet after a few years in the business!

A college degree shows that you can apply yourself and finish what you start. More importantly, in times of pilot surpluses, it is one more way to screen out a few applicants.

If you can get hired without a college degree, then working on an online degree program may be a viable option. The big question is whether you have the drive to do so. Do you want to spend your layovers and off time working on lessons while your friends, family, and crewmembers are having a good time? It isn't for everyone. Some people need more structure.

I have to agree that having a college degree doesn't necessarily help in a furlough. Most jobs have continuing education requirements to stay competitive, if not to stay legal. If you aren't active in the field, your knowledge can go stale quickly. When I was furloughed, I looked outside aviation, but sales jobs were about all I could find.

I agree with Goose. I like to learn for the sake of learning. I'm not sure I'll ever go for an advanced degree though. Degrees are expensive and in aviation, unless you want to go to management, they don't really give much of a return on your investment. I'll probably just pursue knowledge on my layovers and long flights by reading a lot of nonfiction. I'm partial to history.

If you really want an online degree, check out www.affordabledegrees.com. You don't have to put in in pesky study time and you can even graduate summa cum laude for $90 extra!

Good to hear!.

Back on track: Sell drugs. The cash flow is UNBELIEVABLE! Why wait for that hiring boom when you can go buy your own jet after a few years in the business!

I know you're kidding, but the book Freakanomics had a section that debunked the myth that there is a lot of money in the drug trade. Most dealers probably make less than a regional FO.

If you really want an online degree, check out www.affordabledegrees.com. You don't have to put in in pesky study time and you can even graduate summa cum laude for $90 extra![/quote]

how much credibility would one have with a degree like that on his/her resume?

Gawd what a great scam. Just throw up the site, leagalize it somehow, and collect the cash. Brilliant.

Latest resources

Back